Cooking (Dreadful & reader)

oop just made another one sinde the start of it was in my drafts

———————————————————————

"Dreadful, I don't know about you, but I'm pretty hungry." My mind kept pulling up images of all these delicious looking foods, making me all the more hungry.

"Ok, we can just make something here quickly." He shrugged.

"You're the last person I expected to suggest we cook something, but hey, this should be healthier than eating out." I went to his kitchen, pulling out my phone to find something fun to make. The short blonde followed me, watching me look through his cabinet and fridge.

"Sure. I have a few things we could probably use." He nudged me aside away from his fridge and pulled out a loaf of bread, some cheese and a few other things. It wasn't sliced cheese; it was a block so if we wanted to use it we would need to shred it.

"Grilled cheese?" I asked. He stared at me with a look that I knew meant he was kind of annoyed.

"Listen man, I'm no chef, and I never got professional training, and I'm sure you didn't either. You're a most likely infected killing war machine and I'm just a regular civilian trying not to die." He held my arms up in defense. He took out his gun just to smack the back of my head with the butt.

"You were almost too short to reach my head." I teased him. He silently fumed, making me laugh.

"Alright, fine. I get it. I'll stop." I semi-apologized and went back to looking through his things for a cheese grater.

"It's in the second cabinet to your left." He sighed and finally told me.

"I'm guessing you want one too?" I asked, now that he was cooperating, although I was the one who made him not consider joining in in the first place with a simple suggestion. But seriously, who could say no to a grilled cheese? I thought I was borderline lactose intolerant but even then I still enjoyed all of my usual dairy products since I only saw it as a fun challenge. Possibly dangerous, but fun.

"I'll grate the cheese while you gather everything else we need since I'm not the one who lives here." I took out a plate since I knew where to find those and began shredding the entire block of cheese. Even if we didn't use it all, I would definitely be just straight up eating it later. (a/n: shredded cheese hits different especially after midnight 🥰)

"I feel like you have the easier job." He frowned a little but still did as I asked.

"I don't live here so I don't know where you keep anything." I repeated myself. "Besides, despite you being organized you always change the organization patterns. But not that that's bad, it's just I can never find anything."

"Fair enough." He buttered the pieces of bread we would need and set them both face up on their own two plates.

"I hope you like cheese, because we're using as much of this as we can. This cheese is a similar color to your uniform. It's meant to be!" I held out a thick piece of the shredded cheese and held it to his uniform. It didn't remotely match the color of his uniform since the cheese was a straw yellow, and his uniform was more of a pastel yellow.

"It really doesn't." He pointed out.

"Shhhhh don't worry about it. You are cheese man now."

"what"

"Shush it's ok cheese boy"

"I though I was cheese man"

"you devolved it's fine"

After we spent a while bickering, or bantering as Radiant liked to say, I finally decided to go back to shredding the cheese. I was about half way done when I decided I needed to take a bathroom break.

"I'll be back in less than five minutes, so try to just chill while I'm gone. Don't set anything on fire or anything like that." I put down the cheese and left for the bathroom.

Everything was normal and fine at first. Until I smelt something drifting from the kitchen. It smelt nice at first, and felt like the smell equivalent of cutting into a perfect grilled cheese, until it got worse. As I was washing my hands, the smell became oddly... pungent. And not in a good way. I stepped out of the bathroom after washing my hands, and saw half of the kitchen on fire. In Dreadful's hand was the empty pan, and the cheese and bread seemed to be intact.

"Oh, hey (y/n). What's up? Do you like the scent I have in there?" He asked, sounding very serious.

"Hey"

"Yeah!"

"why is your kitchen on fire?"

"Oh, that. Yeah it's fine, it's under control.

"Is it though?"

"Look, at least my bread isn't on fire, ok?"

With that, his bread randomly went up in flames, even though there wasn't anything on fire near that.

"DREADFUL YOUR KITCHEN?? THE BREAD"

"look i can explain"

——————————————————————

I'm tired cut me some slack here please 😭

-JustAnotherWeasley13

(Word Count: 858)