Ballet (Benevolent x reader)

So, I unpublished the entire book since I had so much editing to do. That's all I wanted to say. Womens ;emoji:

i cant tell if the formatting is off but at this point just take it

suffers

(Y/N) =Your name
(Y/L/N) = Your last name

I sighed again as I desperately went through box after box trying to find the one with my favorite outfits in it. I was sure I had put it somewhere over here. Once I finally found it, I the sense to check the time. My phone said about 9:10. I let out a small cheer when I found my outfits box and pulled out my favorite cardigan to wear with a simple pair of jeans and a t-shirt.

I prided myself for getting unpacked so quickly that morning, but I was still unsure about the layout of the city. The way I functioned was if you needed to learn something, learn it yourself. There's no better teacher than yourself, I always said. I quickly put in one of the outfit in the box. Before I left to explore my new city, I double checked to make sure my lavender ballet uniforms were still safely hung up in my closet. After I took a deep breath, I stepped out of my residence.

The morning air was chilly, making me tug my cardigan tighter around me. I looked at the many sights I didn't get a chance to see the night before when I moved there. I had all my essentials already back at home, so I didn't have to worry about food for the next couple days or so. One thing I did want was something to keep me entertained until I could find a way to use my talent. I had gone to a university that specialized in dance, so I was professionally trained ballet dancer. I strolled, around while keeping my head down. I haven't seen any of the operatives yet, but I've heard mixed things about them, more good than bad, since they probably censored the press. I'd have to stay on my toes if I wanted to keep my life. Although my friends had also stayed on their toes, but seeing how that worked out for them, I needed to be extra careful.

I was drawn out of my thought once I noticed where I was. It was a town square with a statue of someone in the center. A few shops surrounded it. After glancing at the titles, I was pulled to the music shop, called Dreadful's Music Store. Music was a major aspect of my life so naturally I gravitated towards it. I quickly forgot the names of the other shops and quickly went to open the door. The tinkle of the bell attached to the door was the only sound in the entire shop. It echoed, mixing with my footsteps and the eerie silence.

"Hello?" I called out. A blond-haired someone quickly came out from a back area in the shop. I quickly noticed I was taller than them. Even though I was considered tall, they were practically the definition of short.

"Hey." They came out from behind the counter to greet me.

"This is a lovely store you have. I adore it." I couldn't help but sigh happily at the many types of music that lined the walls.

"Oh, thank you." They sounded like they had never been told that before but continued talking in a distressed tone.

"Music has been a part of my life ever since I was young. Am I allowed to touch these?" I asked, not wanting to anger them. They nodded at me, and I gently lifted it. I blew off some dust that rested on its case and was thrilled to see it was piano music.

"I've seen many different ways of playing music, but I've never actually gotten to hold a record." I told them. I carefully put it back and scooted to the next one. They were still looking at me, expression unreadable.

"That does remind me. What's your name? I didn't think to ask when I entered. That's rude of me, isn't it? I'm sorry." I put down the record I was holding and went back to the middle of the shop. I held out a hand, it shaking a little. They took it after a good look at it, skeptical.