Chapter Forty-One

Daniela's POV

"Pretty face," I heard from a distance. "Hey, pretty face. Wake up."

My eyes snapped open, and I immediately turned over in the bed, hoping to see Alexander on the other side. I sighed once I realised my misfortune wasn't just a bad dream. Though I had been here for about two weeks, I never stopped wishing this was all in my head.

God, please get me out of here.

"Pretty face," Richard repeated.

I sat up in bed and sighed again. I had just woken up yet I felt so weary. I hadn't had proper food in days. All I had every day were two apples with a bottle of water. I still didn't know why I was being kept here, and why they wanted me so suffer so much. Unfortunately, passing out had become very common for me day by day. I was scared that this diet was going to slowly kill me before I could even get a chance to escape. Or this was just a way to make me obedient. "What?"

"Go take your bath. I'm bringing new clothes for you."

"You're going to allow me to do that?"

I was confused. All this while, all I had done to clean myself was to wipe wet toilet paper on my face and limbs, and that was only the most I could do.

"Good news darling, the boss is here."

My eyes widened. "He's here?"

He nodded. "Yeah, so go freshen up. He wants to see you."

"So, I'm going home?"

"Don't get your hopes up. Now hurry."

I slipped out of the bed and entered the bathroom. Over these past days, Richard has become more bearable. Not that I was making friends with him or anything. I couldn't and shouldn't get comfortable.

The first thing I did was to brush my teeth since I really needed that. I then found some soap, and then took a long bath in the bath tub, knowing that I couldn't stand for long.

After my bath, I covered myself in the bathrobe and stepped out.

"W-where are the clothes?" I asked.

Richard smirked, looking me up and down.

"Richard?"

Quiet guy, whose name I had learned was Ivan, then rolled his eyes, grabbed a bag from the corner of the room and then walked towards me to hand it over to me. I was frozen in shock until he spoke.

"Get in there and get dressed. Don't waste any time."

I nodded slowly and went back in and got dressed. He had given me a tank top and a pair of sweatpants. Looking myself in the mirror, I saw the clothes were okay, albeit a bit loose.

This whole ordeal was confusing. For someone who had been kidnapped, I still surprisingly had some important privileges. There were so many other people get kidnapped every year, and the had to go through worse situations than mine. It still didn't mean I was comfortable. I was unhappy, scared and weak. This place may look like every person's dream bedroom, but it did nothing to give me a sense safety.

I also didn't understand why I was still here. Wasn't it money they wanted? Had they already called Alexander. Why did the boss have to be away for a whole fortnight?

I wiped a tear from under my eye.

I just hoped I wasn't going to be here forever.

"Aren't you done yet?" Richard's whiny voice came through.

I ran a hand through my messy hair and let out a breath. Then I stepped out.

As usual, Richard was the first to analyse me.