Chapter Four

OMG GUYS!!!!! Thank you so much for pushing this book to #10 in Daniela, and also for over 400 reads. I seriously can't believe this. I love all of you so much. You're so amazing!

Daniela's POV

I was awake, but I was still in bed just thinking, thinking about how my life had changed in just one job interview.

I called Alexander last night to tell him that my aunt had invited him over and the stupid guy accepted. It was really going to be awkward, since we were lying to my aunt- lying too much of you ask me- while she was so happy for us.

I just wondered how dinner would be like. Would Alexander be all touchy again? I hoped he wouldn't. I couldn't stand it.

I decided to stop thinking and let it all happen.

Twenty minutes later, I was in the shower, washing the soap from my hair and body.

When I was done, I dried myself and then started drying my hair.
My hair was very long, it reached my waist.

Yes, it was trouble keeping it, but I never cut it because I loved it.

Then I heard the doorbell ring.

I just continued drying my hair. Aunt Bertha would go for the door.

It rang again. Who rings at eight in the morning?

Okay, it's not that early.

"Aunt?!" I yelled.

"Go see who it is Daniela. I can't go down."

"But I'm not dressed," I whisper-yelled. It was quite awkward saying that.

"This is your home darling. You can wear whatever you want and no one can judge you about it. I'm sure it's just Jane from the restaurant. She said she'd be coming today."

That was a relief. Jane was some middle-aged woman who worked at my aunt's restaurant. I was sure and wouldn't mind seeing me in a towel with half dried hair.

So, I wrapped the towel tightly around my body again and went downstairs. Then I realised I could've just put in my bath robe instead of the short towel. But I was already down and whoever was outside must be angry now for waiting so long.

So, I went to the door and without hesitation, I opened it wide.

Well shit!

Why do these things have to happen to me?

There at the door, in his full majesty, stood Alexander Jackson.

He was taken aback at first and then quickly regained his composure. He took his sweet time to shamelessly look me up and down.

I wanted to pee. Someone just kill me right now!

"Even in your own home, you're late," he commented when his eyes met mine again.

God, how did I forget that he was supposed to come here to today?

"I- uh- I-I'm sorry," I apologised. Jeez, why do I act so afraid when I'm around him. "You're really early," I added.

"Always," he said and stepped inside without waiting for me to let him in. Talk of arrogance.

That's when my aunt comes down. Her eyes widened when she saw Alexander and then later gives me an 'I'm-so-sorry' look. I couldn't stand there any longer.

"Well I'm just going up." Then I rushed to the stairs, hoping the towel wouldn't just fall.

Oh God like how embarrassing would that be.