Chapter Sixteen

Daniela's POV

My stomach tightened in pain and I snapped my eyes open to free myself from the stress of the nightmare. I sighed in relief as I realised I was on my bed, at the hotel without some monster, who was Alexander, stabbing my stomach.

It was finally Sunday, three days after we landed here and two days after that dreadful Justin incident. So, this meant today, I was going with Kathy and Jace on a trip to explore as many tourist sites as we could. It would be a good thing because it would help me forget about the trauma that was yesterday.

Unfortunately for Alexander and I, the Justin incident had leaked out to the media. As early as yesterday morning, the incident had gotten online, all over the internet. Alexander got mad, so much that he spent the whole day out. He didn't speak to me, and I didn't try to even look at him.

But somehow fortunately for us, there was a twist with the main information that had gone viral. What everyone had thought was that, I had been harassed by a certain 'douche bag' and that Alexander had arrived just in time to prevent anything serious from happening. They hadn't been able to catch Justin's name and for me that was a good thing.

Still, there were other sites that claimed that I was a freeloader, and I was continuously cheating on Alexander. That part was really disturbing, but I knew it wasn't true. So, I didn't bother myself with it.

Also, Alexander had informed his publicist to take care of everything, so by the end of today, the gossip will be removed and the situation would be described as a misunderstanding.

I felt a sharp pain in my stomach again.

I stretched out on my bed, and yawned. I knew I had to get ready so we could leave early, but I was feeling really tired and lazy, so I remained under the sheets.

I turned to my right, and saw Alexander peacefully sleeping. He was lying on his side such that his back was to me. It was almost sunrise, so he'd be awake anytime soon. I saw him move a little revealing his phone in his hands. Oh, so he was awake.

I quickly turned on my side before he turned and caught me staring.

Maybe I shouldn't have moved too fast, because as soon as I did my stomach clenched tightly. I gritted my teeth to prevent myself from screaming.

My eyes widened when I realised the pain was not in my stomach, but rather in my abdomen. I immediately got up from my bed, but I did that quietly, so I didn't draw unnecessary attention to myself. I looked on the bed and thanked God silently when I realised I hadn't soiled the bed.

I walked briskly to the bathroom and once I was in there, I shut the door and locked it.

How could I have forgotten? It could be that, because of all that had happened, I had forgotten that my period was near. I was so not expecting it, but I had come prepared.

Before I could open the top cabinet to get what I needed, I felt another clenching which left me sinking to the floor as I yelped in pain.

I brought my knees close to my chest and wrapped my arms around them to try to ease the pain, but it was all in vain. The clenching of my abdomen was going on non-stop now, making the pain permanent.

Having my period has not been this painful in at least three years. The last time I had had pain like this I had found myself on a hospital bed, because my aunt had insisted. I thought that was the last time I was going to experience such a crazy period.

But now it was even more painful, to the extent that tears were making their way slowly down my face.

I must have yelled loudly, because in the next second, someone was pounding on the door.