Chapter Twenty-Eight

A/N: We hit 3k!!!!!! Oh my God!!! I seriously never expected this book to go this far. I'm literally in tears now. Thank you guys so much. ❤

I'm dedicating this chapter to a very good friend of mine Zyniaaa. Happy birthday in advance dearie!!!

###

Daniela's POV

I've heard different stories from people on how they think of change. Some like it, others don't. Some even do not believe in change or that trying something different once in a while is good. Others generally think people do not necessarily change, that they just become better or worse.

I've had my own experience of change. It happened when my parents passed away and I had to leave my birth town and move in with my aunt. It happened when I found myself in Alexander Jackson's office. It happened when I had to let go of Justin. One huge and mind-blowing change happened when Alexander suddenly found his good personality and my heart seemed to beat in the direction of strong feelings and desires once again.

And that for me, was a good kind of change.

I would have loved for my mother to still be with me, but God had other plans and I was only grateful and content with where I was today.

Yesterday, I had seen a whole new side of Alexander. A side that both confused me and kept me intrigued. When we danced, it felt like a dream, one that I haven't had in a while. And his kisses... Oh Dios. I finally felt wanted. My whole world had changed, was still changing and it was incredible. Now whenever I looked at him, I felt something I never felt.

Sure, my complex feelings were scaring the crap out of me, but I felt happy. A feeling I never knew would come out of this marriage.

I had come down here to the kitchen to get some water before I had breakfast, but I found myself just holding the glass up to shoulder level, staring out through the window, looking at nothing in particular.

I set my glass down as I realised I wasn't thirsty anymore. Before I could turn around, I felt familiar hands circle my waist, pulling me into the well sculpted chest I had become very fond of. I sighed as I felt him run his lips along my bare shoulder, before kissing my neck.

"Morning babe," he whispered into my ear and then buried his face in my hair, tightening his arms around me.

I couldn't hide the sudden rush of heat that surged through me as I smiled and turned around to face him, with his arms still around my waist.

"Hey," I smiled even more, wrapping my arms around his neck as I took in his heavenly appearance. He was dressed in in a dark grey suit and his scent was alluring and suddenly I didn't want to let go. I frowned when I realised why he was dressed like that. "You're going to work?"

He sighed. "Yeah unfortunately."

"But the doctor said you had to rest for at least two days. Don't you think it's too soon for you to go back to working?"

"If I could Daniela, I would have spent the whole week here with you, but it's really important. A problem came up, and I have to be there to ensure that there's no mistake that would make me lose the project I'm currently working on," he explained.

I smiled at him, but I was disappointed that he would have to be gone the whole day. Maybe I was being too selfish, he had work to do, and I couldn't just stop him because I was going to be lonely. I had the memories from yesterday to think about, so I should be just fine. "Are you having breakfast?"