Chapter Ten

A/N: Hey guys, I know it has been ages since I last updated. I'm very sorry but all this is out 1of my control, and from now till June 2020, I cant promise smooth updates, but I'll try to make it up to you as much as I can. Thanks a bunch for 1K reads, and 200 votes!!!!!! Love y'all!

#

Daniela's POV

"Charlene?" I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion as my hands balled into fist at my sides.

"Ela," she whispered. She looked sad, but I seriously wasn't falling for her act.

I took in a deep breath, trying to be gentle with her. "What are you doing here?"

"I just stopped for breakfast, but I was hopin1g I would meet you here," she explained.

"And why would you want to see me?" I inquired, placing my hands on my hips.

She blinked, as if trying to block tears. There I realised she looked truly remorseful, but I was stubborn. I was still angry with her for what she did.

"I'm really sorry, Ela."

I stared at her in disbelief, shook my head and then turned to leave. Before I could walk out on her, she held my hand pulling me back.

"Ela please."

Slowly, I turned back to face her. Then I sat down. "Why did you do it?"

"I don't know, I was just thinking about myself," she started.

I sat down opposite her. "Go on."

She started playing with her fingers on the table. "I think I fell in love with him, Ela." She looked down in embarrassment as I shook my head in disappointment. "I knew it was wrong, so I tried to make the feeling go away.

"But everything went wrong when Justin found out I had feelings for me and he tried getting closer to me. I loved him so I couldn't stop him. I'm so sorry Ela."

"Go on," I repeated, nodding.

"Then everything started. He only broke up with me when he realised you heard my voice when you called him more than a week ago."

"How could you fall in love with him?" I asked her, furrowing my eyebrows.

"I don't know, I would have tried to prevent it if I had known."

I nodded again, making sure she didn't realise I cared. I was supposed to be happily married, wasn't I?

"So, what do you want me to do?" I asked, pushing my hair back.

"I want you to forgive me," she pleaded.

My eyes snapped to hers in surprise. She didn't think I was letting it go so easily, did she? But I couldn't decide to not forgive her. I wasn't supposed to care about this whole thing, since I was 'in love' with someone else.

I took in a deep breath. "It's okay."

She smiled, breathing out quickly. "Really?"

I nodded. "Yeah."

"Thanks a lot, I know we can't be friends again but– thanks, thanks a lot," she gushed out.

Her happiness made me smile, so I decided to forget about the whole thing.

"You're welcome," I said truthfully, and then got up. "It was nice being part of your life though."

"Yeah, you're the best friend I've ever had. I'm sorry I had to ruin everything."