Chapter Three

Daniela's POV

At nine am, I was at Jackson Tower, more determined to do this than ever... Probably not that determined, because I still had thoughts of running away, but that would only prove how much of a coward I was.

I took in a deep breath and headed inside. I was so deep in thought that I couldn't acknowledge the fact that the two guards standing at the two ends of the glass door greeted me.

Well I couldn't go and greet them back.

But that was weird. I wasn't anyone important there so I was confused about why they were acknowledging my presence.

As I headed towards the receptionist, I realised everyone working in that area was looking at me and smiling.

What was this? Hadn't they seen me here yesterday?

"Oh hey, Ms Stevens," the receptionist smiled at me before I could tell her anything. "Nice seeing you here again. The boss is waiting for you."

It wasn't normal that she remembered my name, since there were tons of other women who came to her every day. I didn't even remember her name. I never knew it actually.

"Uh, thanks a lot..." My eyes went down to her name tag. "...Amanda."

Then I headed towards the elevator. I was still wondering why everyone was acting this way. Yesterday, they barely even looked at me.

When I got to the elevator, Mark was standing there.

"Shall I take you up, miss?" he asked politely. What was up with him too?

"Alright, thank you," I accepted. Maybe I could get him to explain everything.

We entered the elevator and then he pressed a button to take us to the last floor.

"So..." I started, to get his attention.

Fortunately, he turned to me.

"What's up with everyone. You're all acting so strange."

He didn't talk much yesterday, I hoped he would today.

"Well it's because we now know who you are," he smiled.

I knitted my eyebrows in confusion. "Who I am?"

"Yeah, you're the boss's girlfriend."

Oh, so Alexander had already spilled our fake love story.

"Well it's good he kept it a secret. You don't know how annoying the paparazzi can be. I've already spent enough time trying to push them away," he continued.

"Yeah, and we fought because of this, because he kept this a secret. I didn't really like the way I found out about him."

"Well I'm glad you guys made up."

And just to make it more real, I added, "Yeah, and thanks for preventing me from running yesterday. I could've lost Alexander. I could've lost my happiness."

Unfortunately for me, my happiness was already gone. Alexander made sure of that.

"I was just following orders," he dismissed, but I could feel the pride in his voice.

Then the elevator opened.

"Wait how did you know all of this?" I asked. I wasn't sure Alexander had it in him to tell the whole world about his 'love life'.

"Ms Green." I turned to Katherine's table. She was there, busily typing.

Alexander didn't possibly tell her.