PROLOGUE

Nicholas and Amelia's friendship began when they were practically born.

Their two families have been neighbors and friends forever thanks to their friendship, the two boys grew up together.

Amelia is a few months younger than Nicholas for this reason Nicholas has always been pushed to protect her from everyone.

Amelia from the beginning of her life has always proved to be a very sociable and kind girl with everyone while Nicholas as a child had a more shy character towards others.

Nicholas preferred to spend time with books and little Amelia.

At the age of three Nicholas received a familiar, a werewolf woman and named her Amalia.

Their childhood together was almost idyllic, but that dream ended when the Scratch family was killed by the witch hunters.

Scratch's spouses were found dead in their living room regarding their only missing four-year-old son.

A few months ago even little Nicholas was declared dead, assuming that some wild animal had made his remains disappear.

From these events, Amelia's family was destroyed by grief.

Little Amelia did not accept the painful news of the death of her best friend very easily, on the contrary she insisted that he was not dead but only disappeared.

Her parents tried to explain to her many times what they believed was the harsh reality of her facts, but in vain.

At the time, everyone believed that this was Amelia's way of dealing with her pain.

Four years have passed since that tragic event, in the meantime Amelia has grown but she has always remained of the idea that her friend was still alive somewhere.

At the age of eight, Amelia was sent to the Greendale Academy of the Dark Arts to begin her studies.

At the academy Amelia immediately integrated and made many friendships in a particularly strong way with her sinister sisters.

In the middle of the school year she was called by Father Blackwood to her office and the high priest was not there when he arrived.

Inside the office there was only one guy she had never seen before at the academy.

Amelia deduced that he could be a newcomer, observing him well it seems that both were the same age.

The boy in front of her looked bewildered and frightened, he seemed to have just escaped something very traumatic.

Finally he noticed the presence of the girl in his room and she was watching her very carefully, Amelia when she saw her face didn't help but think she knew him.

Suddenly Father Blackwood appeared behind her and asked the child if she recognized the boy in front of her. She said no she didn't know him.

The high priest later revealed to her that the boy she had in front of her was her friend Nicholas her. When she understood the true meaning of her words, she hopped for her happiness.

When Nicholas realized that the girl in front of him was Amelia, her little girl Amy immediately went to hug her and they didn't leave for at least 5 minutes.

From that day Nick made a promise to himself that he would never allow anything or anyone to divide them once again.