Chapter 20

Marinette pov:

I couldn't understand adrien. I know tikki has no words to console me. Silly of me to think that he liked me but in reality he can't even imagine being more than friends with me.

Well maybe Lila and adrien are that kind of legendary couples where their love started from hate.
It's none of my business anyway. I wiped my face, careful not to ruin alya's efforts on my face. She exhibited extraordinary make up skills on my face.

Suddenly someone opened the door and stumbled inside.

Wahh..! Adrien

He's clearly drunk, I should go

"Wait mari, let me apologize" He pulled my hand, his grip quite strong for my liking.

"You don't have to apologize for dating someone you like adrien" I tried to pull my hand out of his grip.

"Who says I love her, I'm protecting you mari, I'm protecting you" he towered over me.

"Adrien you are drunk, leave me" I told as he hugged me.

"I'm sorry I couldn't tell you but I promise I'll protect you" he caressed my cheeks and leaned in.

what should I do!? And why is he protecting me by dating that liar?!

He gently placed his lips on me, not like that first time we kissed where he kissed me at his own speed.

I could feel strange knots forming inside my stomach, not like how they describe in books 'butterflies flying everywhere'.

Certainly butterflies are not the only one, I could feel a whole jungle dancing inside my stomach. He gently nibbled on my bottom lip as both of his hands pulled me closer by my waist to close the non-existent gap between us.

"Adrien" we were both breathless as he suddenly lifted me up. Out of instinct I wrapped my legs around his waist as he continued kissing my neck.

"Adrien we shouldn't..."

"Did I told you how beautiful you looked tonight" He whispered as he peppered kisses below my ears as I let out an involuntary moan.

"Adrien" I moaned while breathing hard just by him kissing my neck and shoulders.

"Marinette you taste better than what I imagined"

He...he imagined kissing me!!

"Adrien we are just friends" I told as his grip tightened on my butt.

"We are not just friends, stop saying that, just friends don't kiss" he whispered the last part and squeezed my butt hard to make me moan.

"Adrien we should sto...Aahhh" I buried my head in his shoulder as he bit my neck hard enough to leave hickeys.

"Marinette I want you now" he told as I heard a loud bang.

"Adri-honey are you in there" Lila's voice pulled me back to reality.

"It's marinette" I shouted and slowly retreated my hands and stood on my legs.

"Cry your eyeballs out bitch, adrien is my boyfriend now" One could hear her smirking on the other side.

I should've sooner realised that I am not the one who he proposed standing on one knee with a rose. He's just using me because he's drunk and horny.

I should know my place

I heard the click of the door indicating lila's out of the room.

"Marinette don't listen to her" Adrien reached for my hands as I pushed his hands away.

"Stop messing with me adrien, if you are horny go and hook up with your girlfriend" I opened the door and went outside.

I can't cry now!!
I should better hurry home instead of roaming here like a failure where everyone pities me that I'm still single.

Maybe a pep talk with tikki is all need. I should get out of this place as soon as possible.

I texted alya and bridgette that I'm going home because I feel sick.

That's partially true, I feel of sick of myself. I refuse to get played by adrien.

___________________________________________