Chapter 23

I immediately jump from my seat and run through the dark building until I find the room that Bucky is being interrogated in. I silently open the door and step inside just as Bucky steps out of the cell, his eyes cold and void of emotion and his movements robotic.

"Soldat?" The psychiatrist asks. I hold my breath as I wait for his response.

"Gotovy sootvetstvovat." Bucky replies monotonously.

"NO!!" I yell before I can stop myself, running at the psychiatrist.

Before I can reach him, an arm grabs me and picks me up, slamming me into the ground. I groan and cough, trying to get air back into my lungs. I see a metal fist aimed for my face and roll to the right just before it can hit me. I kick the Soldier in the knee as hard as I can before standing, sending a kick to his face, which he avoids easily, grabbing my ankle and throwing me into the wall. I barely manage to sit up, leaning against the wall, before a metal hand wraps around my throat, squeezing tightly. I gasp and claw at the hand, trying to pry his fingers from my neck to no avail.

"Bucky." I rasp out. "Please." I try to reach for his head but he pins one arm to the wall with his knee and breaks the other, making me cry out the best I can. He pulls my head forward before slamming it back into the wall, making everything go black.

I wake up to the sounds of fighting, opening my eyes to see Steve struggling with Bucky. I blink my eyes rapidly, trying to get my blurry vision to clear, finally clearing it in time to see Steve fall down the elevator shaft. I watch as the Winter Soldier walks out of the room and groan, pushing myself up. I take a moment to regain my balance before running out of the room a bit unsteadily.

I reach a landing in the stairwell on the main floor just in time to see Bucky take down Sharon and Nat. I jump over the railing and land on his shoulders, wrapping my legs under his arms so he can't grab my body. I place my hands on his head and try to force some of the memories he had given me access to into his head. He screams in protest and tries to reach up but I use my telekinesis to keep his arms down.

"C'mon, Buck." I mutter, still trying to break through the wall put up by Hydra all those years ago that was just activated by the man in the room. "I know you're in there somewhere. Come on!" I'm almost through the wall when Bucky steps back, ramming me into the wall behind me. I grunt but force myself to stay up. He does it again and I still stay up, forcing all my weight forward and flipping us both over.

I scramble to my feet and charge at him, landing a few kicks to his torso and some punches to his face. I try to get back on his shoulders but he picks me up and slams me down on a table, breaking it. He pins me to the floor by my throat and I gasp at the feeling of losing oxygen for the second time today. Bucky is suddenly ripped away from me by T'Challa and I cough, turning over onto my hands and knees as I try to breath.

Bucky leaves and I follow him when I can finally breath, pushing myself up and running up the stairs, following the sound of his footsteps until I reach the roof. I run through the door just in time to see Bucky trying to take off in a helicopter, Steve holding onto it with one hand and a railing on the side of the building with the other. He manages to keep the chopper down for a few moments before Bucky forces it towards the helipad.

The blades are smashed to pieces as they hit the concrete and I jump out of the way of them, Steve dodging the blades on the tail. The chopper comes to a stop on the edge of the helipad and I immediately throw my hands out, trying to use my power to keep it from falling. I grit my teeth as the strain becomes to much but I force myself to keep a hold of it as Bucky grabs Steve by the throat. The tail breaks off of the chopper and it goes over the edge, taking Steve and Bucky with it.