XVIII

Karsyn Sekai Miller.

"How many hours or how many days it's gonna take for to clear out my mind?  Or maybe this shit gon' forever be with me. I just gotta handle with time." - NBA YoungBoy

I was focused on taking notes when my professor called my name from the hallway; ignoring everyone's eyes on me, I closed my notebook before getting up and meeting him but at was confused when I saw two other men in the hallway.

"Good Evening Karsyn, I'm Agent Flores and this is my partner Agent Tucker, do you mind if we ask you a few questions? We're conducting an investigation and we think you may know some vital information." They both showed me their badges.

I was a bit taken back. My heart began to race and my hands began to sweat. Was Karter caught up in some mess? Or was it my father? Either way, my lips were sealed.

"I'm sorry but I'm not sure if I can help. So if you don't mind, I'd like to get back to class." I flashed a phony smile .

His once professional demeanor seemed to turn cold as he stared at me. "Karsyn Miller, daughter of Keith "Reaper" Miller and Chandra Miller. You're also the sister of Karter and Kristian Miller. We know a lot about you and we'd appreciate it if you answered our questions so we could go on about our day."

I scoffed. "If you know so much about me, why do you need to question me? If I'm under investigation, I'd like to contact my attorney."

"No need to be so hostile, you've become quite acquainted with Ryder and DJ Williams, right?"

I shrugged, trying to be as nonchalant as possible so I didn't fold under pressure. "Something like that. I have to go, if you need to know anything else, I'll contact my attorney first so we can set up a proper meeting."

They walked down the hall, exchanging words with each other. "We'll be in touch." He said.

That dirty motherfucker. Was all I could think about Ryder as I watched them leave out of the building.

"Karsyn, as you may know, DJ and Ryder are no longer enrolled here. So if you'd like, I can add you to another group or you can continue to work on the project by yourself and in return, I'll give you some leniency on your grade."

After hearing that they were no longer enrolled, I tuned him out because what the fuck was really going on?

"Oh, uh, I'm sorry. I'll continue the project on my own. Thank you."

He nodded, understandingly. "No problem."

Not even bothering to finish taking notes, I gathered my things and stormed out of the classroom, pissed. I hated that I didn't have Ryder's address or else I would have popped up.

I stopped for food before making my way home, as I turned the corner, I was alarmed at the sight of a hooded figure standing by my door.

Spinning on my heels, I made my way back to the elevator. "Nope, not today."

" 'Syn City!"

My heart began to race and my eyes began to water, dropping everything in my hand, I ran and jumped on Kristian.

"What are you doing here!?" I cried. "How? What? Why didn't you tell me?"

Words couldn't even describe the way I felt having my brother back home.

Wiping my eyes, I moved back so I could take a good look at him.

My lip quivered and before I knew it I was crying again.