30

"Kaldur?" Canary rushed into the living room, her eyes frantic. They locked onto me. Without a word her iron grip locked around my wrist. She dragged me through the halls, not caring or apologizing as I ran into walls and corners. Or when I took the corner of an end table to the inside of my thigh. Black Canary mumbled to herself, each word too garbled to understand more than a single syllable. I asked what was going on, but by the time I did, she had shoved me into the room I had been forced into far too often. 

Yet this time, it was not in regards to my own therapy, and instead for the very obvious problem sitting curled in one of the plush green chairs. I cast a wary eye towards the waterfall. The soft ambience was steady, the same pace as always. Okay. I breathed in and released it. Not a panic attack. That is...not good, but hopefully whatever it was was a better alternative. 

"She's...well, I want to call it dissociation but it's- it's bad," Canary said. "And she's not responding to any of my attempts to help ground her."

I sighed. There were many reasons she wouldn't. Not recognizing Canary as someone trusted is one, and I could only assume whatever they were discussing was another. Given that her responding to me was a touch and go basis, along with the risks of none of the previous methods working at all, I still had a better chance than she did.

I sat beneath Percy, keeping my legs folded beneath me. Percy did not look at me, keeping her body and limbs curled into a tight, painful ball. "Percy," I murmured.  I reached up and slipped my fingers between hers and her arm. At the gentle squeeze of my hand, Percy squeezed back. "Are you with me?"  I asked. She nodded. Despite the apparent good this moment would imply, it made things much more difficult. So much as one wrong move and I can push her further into her dissociation, or even into a flashback, if that was not what she was in already. Still, an attempt needed to happen. "Can you try to talk for me?"

She didn't say anything for a time. I was about to repeat myself when her body slowly shifted and a single green eye peered at me. "Atlantean?"  she asked, voice flat. I very nearly breathed a sigh of relief, only to withhold it at last second.

"That is fine. Do you know where you are?"

"Not...really."

"Okay," I said. I shifted my weight, leaning forward. My arms slid under Percy, and I lifted her into a sitting position. With a bit of guidance, she rose to her feet. She swayed, gaze still astonishingly blank. "Come on, we need to get you to move. Perhaps a swim?"  Tremors shook her body, sending her shuddering form collapsing into my side. The tight grip of my arm around her waist, the only thing keeping her upright. I stumbled with the sudden weight. By the next step, I had righted myself. "No swimming, okay? We do not have to. How about we play a game in my room?  Uno?"

Percy's nails dug into my back, fingers grasping the soft cotton of my shirt. "Yeah." 

As I snuck Percy through the quiet halls, I kept a careful eye and ear trained for any sounds belying the a member of the Team. A loud breath, footfalls, a shimmer, or Robin crawling along the ceiling. I gently tapped, tapped, tapped on Percy's side. The walk took far too long in my mind, even though it was no longer than a few minutes. My door opened. The darkness was not hard for my eyes to adjust to. 

I reached towards the light switch but hesitated. My hand dropped. I released Percy, expecting, or at the very least hoping, that she had become aware enough to do something other than stand and stare.

I grabbed the beaten Uno deck from my dresser, the box torn, stained, and held together by masking tape. I lingered, looking over the other games that sat there, trying to decide if any of them would be more suitable. Monopoly would not end well, and Kerplunk was not a good game to play on an unstable surface. 

Percy stood where I left her, confusion the only expression her features seemed able to offer. The box slid into my pocket, making way for me to lift my hands and place them on the sides of her face. 

"Is Uno still okay?"

Taking a few seconds, she blinked. "Yeah." I nodded and nudged her towards my bed. I tossed the Uno box beside her. It bounced, moving a few inches, thankfully not launching itself onto the floor. I myself, though, launched myself onto my bed, landing stomach first with my arms too close to my body. 

The smooth cards slid into my hands. I shuffled them. We sat in silence, the game near impossible to enjoy when it was only the two of us. Though that was not the point; making Percy have to think and plan and react to the world around her was. 

"Never make me go to therapy with her again."

"Good to have you back, my friend." I reached over to her. She rested her hand on mine. "And you know she will want you to."

"Doesn't matter. I'm not going again. Not if this is going to happen just because of how she fucking looked at me," said Percy. The silky black strands of Percy's hair wrapped around her fingers as she tugged. It took me biting the inside of my lip to keep from scolding her; instead, I gently locked my hand around her wrist. 

"Please stop. You-"

"It's been four years since I've done this, Kaldur. I can't afford to do this, not anymore. Freezing will do nothing but get me killed." Percy yanked her hand out of my grip and flipped over. "I'm never going to therapy with her again."

Here you go

and i am not doing a recap chapter because id get yelled at for it being a repeat of everthying that happened before

now if you excuse me, i must sleep and then try to get a scholarship essay done

So put the ideas (that are pretty much required in order for this book to get updated) here

See yah