1

The room was packed with people and everything was cast in a soft light from the chandeliers above.

My feet ached as I moved away from the mass of dancing people.

I told Mom if anything happened to her and Paul to let me live at camp. It might have meant not having a normal life, but it would have kept more people safe.

Though it didn't matter in the long run. In her will, she designated her brother as my caretaker until I reached eighteen, something he readily agreed to.

My eyes scanned the crowd, hand reaching for Riptide every time someone moved a little too fast. Not that I had Riptide on me. It was up in my room.

Eventually my eyes focused on two people I recognized all too well. I made my way over to them, carefully weaving through the mess of people.

"-the artwork you recover are some of the best I've seen in years. How do you find such beautiful pieces?" Diana asked before taking a sip from her glass.

"I can't give away my trade secrets you know." Orin laughed. "Besides my wife helps alot."

"I'm sure she does."

"Well well well this is a surprise." I spoke up, smiling when their heads whipped towards me, though it didn't quite reach my eyes.

"Percy! Oh my gods, how are you? It feels like its been forever." Diana pulled me into a hug, being careful not to spill her drink.

"As good as I can be. How are you?" I pulled away from her.

"Good."

I nodded and turned to look at Orin. He grinned and brought me into a hug. "It has been too long since I have seen you."

"Okay, stop with the hugging. It's embarrassing." I said, causing him to release me.

We stood in silence for a minute before Diana asked a question.

"Why are you here?"

I was silent at first, before I responded softly. "My mom and Paul died. Bruce is my uncle, so he agreed to take care of me."

That led to Diana questioning why Mom never mentioned having a brother, much less being a Wayne.

The only thing I could do was shrug. "I think the courts were only going to let Alfred take care of either Bruce or my mom so he agreed to have my mom raised by the Jacksons."

After that, the tension in the air dropped and we were all talking like normal. At least until Bruce walked over.

"Hello Diana, Arthur. I see you've met Percy. Though it seems like you already know each other..." He glanced suspiciously between the three of us.

I swallowed and looked at Diana, who was looking at me. We had a silent conversation, and within that conversation I decided to do perhaps the stupidest thing I will ever do.

Tell the truth.

"I go to a camp for kids with ADHD and dyslexia during the summer and-"

"I sometimes go help out the activities director since he's an old friend. Plus all the kids have a DNA condition that usually kills them when they're young so it's nice to help make them happy."

I looked at Diana thankfully while she held Bruce's attention with a more in depth explanation that doesn't give away the truth about demigods.

I'm pretty sure she told the League that all of the gods are dead. Probably on Zeus's orders.

"Well that explains how you know her, but how do you know Arthur?" Bruce looked over at me.

I rubbed the back of my head. "That one's a bit embarrassing. We were on a boat for my mom's wedding reception and I kinda...fell off the boat. Luckily he was out swimming. He grabbed me and got me back to shore before I could drown."

Diana almost laughed when I said that  and I glared at her.

"I'm sorry. But you drown? You're one of the best swimmers I know. Hey, how about we get out of here and go get some ice cream?"

My face lit up in a wide grin and I nodded. Then I turned serious. "But only if it's blue."

"It wouldn't be any other way. Now come on. I know this really good ice cream shop that stays open late." She grabbed my hand and started dragging me towards the door. "I'll bring her back later!"

Soon we were at the driveway, with no car in sight.

"How far away is this place?" I asked.

"Don't worry, the car will be here any second."

She was right, a black car pulled up moments later and she climbed in. I climbed in behind her and right as I was shutting the door, a hand grabbed it.

"Mind if I join?" Orin asked.

"You have to ride on the roof." I stared at him.

Diana sighed and pulled me towards her. Orin laughed and climbed in, shutting the door before buckling his seatbelt.

The driver waited until we were all secured before taking off. We sat in silence the entire trip and even as we stood in line at the ice cream shop.

We only started talking once we were seated.

"It really is nice to see you Percy." Orin smiled at me as I ate my Blue Moon ice cream.

I gave a half-hearted smile in return, staring down at the styrofoam bowl in front of me.

"What's wrong Percy?" Diana asked.

I chuckled and kept staring at my bowl. "A lot of things."

Okay, so here's the first chapter

And

Remember, your *finger points directly at you* ideas help shape this book

Meaning if you guys don't put ideas in here, it literally wont get updated.

Remember, keep them in one or two comment chains so other people can help work them out

And the comments will be deleted prior to the new update

Kay?

Also this book isn't going to be counted as a book when it comes to the schedule

See yah