27

"Get the civilians out of here!" 

"On it, Aqualad," Megan said. I nodded and tightened my grip on my water bearers. I don't know how well this will work. Percy's usually around whenever I have to deal with monsters, and she's never wanted to take a chance with one coming back to life because I killed it and not her. All I know, is that I need to stall until a demigod or someone else gets here. The monster, a long writhing drakon curled around a building, acid dripping from its maw. Pavement sizzled where drops hit. 

I sighed. This is one of the worst possible monsters for me to run into, with or without Percy. As long as I keep the-

"Superboy!" I yelled. Water shot forward and I pulled him back moments before jaws clamped around the space he had just been in. "Focus on evacuating civilians."

"And let that thing rampage?!"

I narrowed my eyes. "We are not capable of handling this on our own. Our top priority is making sure casualties are limited. We need to-" The ground started shaking.

"Get them out of here!"  Percy darted out of an alleyway. Her hair whipped around in an unseen wind, glowing trails following her eyes. She walked over to me. "Diana's gonna try to kill it while I keep this up, but if it gets bad enough..." She sighed, the glow disappearing and the ground slowly stopped shifting. Riptide flashed and shimmered as she rested the blade against her shoulder. "I was hoping I wouldn't have to play this big of a role again."

Thunder and then a dust cloud. Wonder Woman slowly rose to her feet, staring up at the drakon. "Think you can minimize the damage?"

"Maybe." Percy's eyebrows drew together. "I- I might be able to, but it's kinda risky isn't it?"

"Well, we're going to have to try." Lightning arced around her arms, ozone filling the air. "Try not to die." Off Wonder Woman flew, lasso in hand. 

Percy's shoulders fell. Fire hydrants burst, water coalescing around her. "Keep Robin out of this. Get out of here, and if you can, make sure they don't ask questions."

I nodded. Leaving Percy was a matter of conflict, but not one which one might expect. My only conflict came with whether I would rather deal with Percy arguing with me or dealing with convincing the Team to leave.

....I really wish I had stayed with Percy. 

Thirty minute. It took a full half hour to convince everyone that we should return to the Cave and that Wonder Woman was fully capable of handling things. It took another two hours for Percy to come stumbling in with her blood slicking her arm.

I hummed softly, wrapping the bandage around Percy's arm. She sighed and closed her eyes, head tilting back against the wall.

"You," she said. "Are slower than a slug."

"I rather prefer you alive." I didn't look at her, biting the inside of my cheek when I noticed the red soaking through. Wrapping another bandage around it tighter, I didn't react when she hissed in pain. "I think this should be enough to keep you from bleeding to death for the time being."

She rocked forward, crossing her arms over her legs. "Thanks, Kaldur."

"It is not an issue." I smiled at her. "I would rather you come to me for help than have you hide an injury. We both know you would do it." She stuck her tongue out at me and I poked her nose. "If you keep making faces it may freeze like that."

"Aren't I always making a face though?"

I rolled my eyes and tossed my arm over her shoulders. "Can you at least try to be more careful?" She hummed and leaned into my side. I took that as an agreement. Tension left my shoulders. That was a mistake for the moment my guard was down I was pushed over. I laughed and rolled. Percy was an excellent wrestler, something I knew full well from the times we competed over the last cookie. 

For once though, I managed to pin her, smiling down with glee. This means next time she makes cookies I get the last one.

"No fair! You're heavier than me!"

"I know for a fact that you can lift things quite a bit heavier than me. How else would you manage to get Tyson into bed when he falls asleep on the floor?"

"It's called-" Water wrapped around me and picked me up. "-I do that." Percy stood up, massaging her arm. "That probably wasn't the best idea in the world."

"When do you ever make one of those?" 

"Rarely, on occasion." She started undoing her bandages. Sighing, I covered her hands with mine. She is stubborn. Too much concerned with the safety of others over herself. I rewrapped her arm, careful to not cut off her circulation. "I can-"

"Shush."

"So am I not allowed to talk now?"

"You are, you are simply not allowed to put your safety in danger by trying to do everything yourself. Do not make me plaster this to keep you from pulling at them."

Percy stuck her tongue out but in the end her arms wrapped around me and she sighed. "As much as I hate sidekicks, it's really nice to be able to hang out with you again." I smiled and wrapped an arm around her.

"It truly is. How was your visit to your father?

"More or less the same. Triton almost killed me, so that's normal." The hug continued longer than it should've, but in truth, I did not mind. She was warm. "Are you purring?"

"What?"

"Oh my gods, you are. Purring boy." She laughed and pulled away from me. "This- I need to tell literally everyone I know about this. Malcolm's been bugging me forever to find out if Atlanteans can do the weird fish noises." She poked my side. "I wonder why I've just now noticed that though. I mean, it's probably not the first time you've done it, unless I've noticed it before and just didn't put together what it actually was." Percy kept poking me, as if that would solve her questions.

I laughed. "Not all Atlantean's can do it." I rubbed the back of my neck. "Actually only those of us with more fish based attributes can do it."

"So it definitely comes from the fish traits then. Wonder if Triton can do it."

"I would not doubt it," I said. "But-"

"Hey, are you guys gonna come watch a movie with us?" Wally popped his head into the room.

Percy sighed. "Sure, whatever, why not."

Well, guess who's basically locked in their room for at least a week thanks to the stupidity of people on my floor?

Purple is now one of my least favorite colors.

Now.....

Ideas?

See yah