24

Muscles tensed, I stared at Artemis before looking at Kaldur. He won't lie. He's too proud and too honorable. He sighed and pulled a hand down his face.

"What do you wish to talk about?" he asked.

Artemis raised an eyebrow. "How about you two being engaged?"

Kaldur climbed back onto the couch next to me. He messed with his medallion until he could hold it in the light. The trident seemed to glow. "What Black Manta said is in fact true. Percy and I are betrothed. Her family holds significant sway in the underwater community, so it was considered to be a strategic move to marry her off to a noble."

"You're not a noble, though." Wally said. "So why would you two be engaged?"

"There are reasons we cannot speak of. If they meet the air, most likely I will be killed and Percy will be forced to marry a man she doesn't know. It is better this way."

I clenched my jaw and messed with my own medallion. I forced him into a marriage with me.

"So it's a marriage of convience." Connor commented. "No substance to it."

"Yes." Kaldur nodded.

"No."

Everyone stared at me. My eyes widened when I realized what I did, what I said. I shot off of the couch and rushed away to my room. Tears ran down my face as I closed the door behind me.

Why did I say that?!

No matter how much I paced my room, I couldn't figure out an answer. Maybe it was in case Dad was paying attention? No, if he was he would've shown up the second Kaldur admitted to it being out of convenience.

My fingers pulled at my hair, tangling in the long strands. The knock at the door did nothing to interrupt my racing mind.

"Percy," Kaldur said. "May I come in?"

"No."

"Okay. I am going to sit against your door like this is some sappy romantic movie, is that fine with you?"

I sighed. I opened the door and came face to face with Kaldur. He frowned. I winced, preparing for him to yell or lecture or something. He didn't. My heart stopped as he took a step closer.

"I thought you didn't want me in the room?" He asked.

"I didn't want to do this through a door. I'm so, so sorry. I don't know why I said that. I know this isn't like that. It isn't like that, but I just-"

"You were attempting to hold true to what we told your father." His frown deepened. "Why are you crying? I have made my peace with this, so you have nothing to cry about."

"I trapped you in this stupid marriage. If I had sucked it up and picked a different way to pick someone, you'd be able to marry someone you love. You wouldn't be stuck marrying me. I'm sorry!" I sobbed.

"You do not need to-"

"Yes, I do! All of this is happening because I was selfish. I wanted to have a choice in my marriage but I took that opportunity from you. Why should I- I need to go." I grabbed a jacket from my dresser.

"Percy, where are you going? Percy? Percy!" His hand closed around my wrist and he pulled me back. "What are you doing?!"

"I want you to be happy, so I'm going to go tell my dad the truth." I tried to pull my arm free of his grip. It tightened.

"I do not think you understand, Percy-"

"I ruined your life."

"I do not mind this."

"You're too polite to-"

"Percy." His hands cupped my face. "Percy, Percy, Percy. I am being truthful, I do not mind this. While this may not be the way I perceived my future, it is not the worst outcome. I did not want..." he trailed off, eyes leaving mine.

"You didn't want what?"

"I did not want you to have chosen me simply to get out of marrying another." A faint tint appeared on his cheeks, it didn't take long for me to realize he was blushing, and it didn't take long for me to realize what he meant by that.

My eyes widened. "Y-y-y-you like me?" Kaldur closed his eyes and nodded.

"I know what I said before was probably true, but it is only right that you know- Are you okay? You are bright red."

"I'm fine."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah." I nodded, pulling away. I shrugged off my jacket and tossed it back onto the dresser. Glancing back at Kaldur, I sighed. I walked over and took his hand. I laced our fingers together.

"Percy?"

"Well, we're dating, right? It's not like we need to keep it a secret. Except maybe from Tyson."

"You know he will find out soon enough." Kaldur ran his thumb over my knuckles. "Perhaps I should lend you a jacket."

"No."

His brow furrowed. "Is that not a surface courtship ritual?"

"Do I look like I'm a person to ask about normal things? I mean, it's not like we're normal anyway." I pulled water from the air and let it swirl around my hand.

Kaldur freed his hand from mine and scooped me up bridal style. "How will this change things between us?"

"Uh, well, we can cuddle and- I'm bad at this sort of thing, okay? I've never had a boyfriend before and all of the relationships at my school were batshit crazy."

Kaldur chuckled, dropped me on my bed, and booped my nose. "Watch your language."

"Like you're one to talk."

You get this.

Please start the idea chain cause my phone is almost dead

Also I created a discord server

https://discord.gg/zmg9d6

If you join it please put your username from here down so it's easy for people to find those they already know.

I'll make some extra channels in there on Wednesday.

See yah