14

"Why do you have fish tank that doesn't have any fish in it?" I asked.

Bruce turned around and stared at me. "You shouldn't be down here."

"Well I am, and you have a lot of explaining to do, Bats."

Diana chuckled. "Took you long enough to find this place. Thought you would have noticed the empty fish tank earlier."

"I did, I've just been busy." I shrugged, fixing the chain on my necklace. Before I could react, Diana was in front of me, staring at what hung from my neck.

"He seriously pulled this on you?"

"Unfortunately. Never thought he would have been big on tradition." I tucked the medallion under my shirt.

"Do you want me to yell at him?"

"Wait until I can go. I want to yell too."

We ignored Bruce's staring as we started figuring out a date and time to yell at my dad.

"See you in two days, Kelp Head. I'm going to go talk to Pinecone Face." She headed over to a Zeta Tube.

"Stab her for me."

She disappeared and I looked at Bruce. He sighed and sat on his computer chair. "I'm guessing you know I'm Batman."

"Really? Never would have guessed." I looked around the Bat Cave. "Not like you have a cave full of bats and bat themed gear or anything."

"Hey Bruce, you'll never guess-" Robin cut off when he saw me.

"I'm just going to guess that's Dick?" I shoved my hands in my pockets. "You got a nine year to fight crime, good job."

"You sound like Diana."

"I'd hope so, we both don't like kids fighting."

"But why?"

I sighed. "Kids shouldn't be put in danger." My family does enough of that. I know the sidekicks aren't demigods, but being any sort of hero come with a high risk of death.

"All of us have training. We can handle ourselves." Dick crossed his arms.

"And look at me, not caring about that."

Bruce stood up. "You're joining the Team. You're not getting a choice. You need to see that they're capable of handling themself."

He didn't give me a chance to argue. He gestured to Dick, who was still in his Robin costume. Dick nodded and grabbed my arm. He pulled me over and before I knew it, I was standing in the Cave.

"Robin? Didn't you just go home?" Miss Martain asked.

"Yeah, but Batman wants little Miss 'kids shouldn't be heroes' to join the Team."

"Why?" Superboy asked.

"It's Batman." Dick shrugged. "I'm guessing she's spending the night so have fun."

"What is going on?" Kaldur walked into the room. He froze when he saw me. "Should I ask why Percy is here or is better for me not to know?"

"Bats wants me to join the Team, since I keep giving you guys a hard time over being heroes."

Kaldur chuckled and walked over to me. "It will be nice to have you here." He pulled me into a hug before quickly releasing me.

I stared up at him with an eyebrow raised. "You know exactly why this won't end well."

Kaldur sighed. He fixed the chain around my neck. "We can only hope that nothing unfortunate will come to pass."

He seemed upset about something, but I know him. He won't admit what's bothering him, Atlantean pride at its finest. Kaldur moved away. "We should set up a room for you. This way."

Off of the living room, one of the hallways held doors with names written on tags.

Kaldur opened the door to an empty room. "I sleep three doors down. Megan, Miss Martian, is beside you."

I walked inside and sat on the bed. "You know you'll get woken up a lot, right?"

"Less so than Superboy. I know you cannot help your nightmares, but I recommend warning Connor."

I nodded and stared at my hands, before I started playing with the medallion. "Also, I'm going to go yell with Wonder Woman in two days, so if you want to join in I'm sure he won't hurt you with me around."

"I would rather not take chances." Kaldur stood up. "Goodnight Percy."

"Night." I watched him walk away. I flopped back on my bed with a sigh. I shouldn't have dragged him into this. My fingers dug into the blankets. He didn't deserve this.

I should have pulled an Atalanta. Murdering people would get me in less trouble than I would be if Dad finds out I lied about dating Kaldur and with everything that happened after I kissed Kaldur, I really couldn't blame Dad for being mad.

Oh wait, I can. Because he's forcing me to get married.

I mean I could always join the Hint, but I don't want to be a maiden forever. I want to get married, if I survive long enough, but I want to marry who I want. Not some random person.

I did what I had to in order to get out of it, but now I pulled Kaldur into the exact same situation I was in. Now he's stuck being engaged to me, a person he doesn't love.

It wasn't fair to him, but if I tell Dad that the engagement is off, then I'll be forced to marry whoever he wants. I won't have a choice, and Kaldur would probably get killed by the nobles for going along with the lie.

I...I'm sorry Kaldur.

Here you go

2 things

1) the comments chains as usual

2) I made a Rune Factory 3 fanfiction so if you like Rune Factory please check it out and if you don't know the series I'm going off of the actual game (took 3 hours to take down the tutorial dialogue) except Micah will be a girl because

WHY DID I HAVE TO BE A GUY?!

ahem

Thank you for both accounts

Have a wonderful day

See yah