THIRTY

~Jason~

I hugged Kenzie closer to me as she whimpered in her sleep. I can't bring it in myself t leave her alone. It's been three hours since we got back and after a quick check up from Daniel, we are finally in the room,lying on the bed. I know I need to sort out different things,but I don't want to leave her even for a second.

I started at her sleeping face and hugged her closer to me. Just staring at her bruises is making me regret why I killed that bastard quick. I planned on capturing him,then torturing him for a long while,but Koda saw him and went all mad and just tore him to pieces. His blood was all over the place when I was done. I even broke few bones in his mate and daughter's body. Okay,maybe more than a few,but it was definitely worth it.

I continued to stare at my mate,I just don't want to take my eyes off her. I could've lost her you know. She whimpered again and I swear I could feel my heart breaking all over again. If I could take all her pains, I'll do it in a heartbeat.

She stirred a bit and I knew she was about to wake up. She opened her eyes and blinked before they finally settled on me.

She looked at me and smiled and my stomach fluttered a bit. She raised her hands and touched my face,like she's still not sure if I'm here.

"You are here. You are really here" She said,her eyes glistening with tears.

I was quick to catch the tears before they dropped.

"I'm here love, I'm really here. In fact,I already ordered a giant bubble from a human store. Wouldn't want you to go anywhere again,would we?" I joked a little,but I was partially serious.

She smiled and it warmed my heart. "No,no we wouldn't"

She laughed and her hair fell on her face. I tried tucking the stray curl behind her hair,but she beat me to it. As she did she winced,just from that little act.

I stood up from the bed and started pacing,I was angry,no I was furious. I continued pacing for a while and then stopped. I turned to Kenzie and saw her confused,but worried look and my anger reduced by a notch.

"I'm mad at you,you know" I began,she opened her mouth as if to speak,but I shushed her. She pouted a little and she looked so fucking cute,but...but I'm not going to allow it distract me. "I'm mad at you because you just followed those fuckers without screaming for help or even better; mind linking me. Is it that you didn't think I'd protect you or what? Because you hurt me real bad,love. You did" I finished.

She stared at me before looking away and biting her bottom lip. Why...why is she doing that? What does she think she's doing? We are in the middle of discussing something very important and she...she is trying to seduce me?

"...Are you even listening to me?" I heard her say as she waved her hands in front of me.

I shook my head to stop my head from wandering and looked away from her beautiful lips,only to see her standing in front of me. I flinched and moved back. When...when did she get here? We was just sitting down a second ago?

I blinked and looked at her, remembering her question. "Of course. I heard you loud and clear" I looked behind her just to avoid looking her in the eyes. She always know if I'm lying,by looking into my eyes. Not that I'm lying,but just because.

I finally looked at her face to see her smirking. This little...little cutie. She is just so fucking cute.

Her face turned serious as she came closer to me,taking my hands in hers and rubbing them with her thumb. "You know,I think you are strongest person I know. Inside and out. I just thought...thought that I'd help you a bit y'know" she gulped and continued."They...they said they'd k-kill the kids if I didn't go with them. I had to Jay. I'm sorry for hurting you okay. Forgive me, please" She said with a cute pout.