TWENTY TWO

~Kenzie~

I wiped the my hands on the apron and checked the time on my wristwatch again. My three hours will soon be up and Jason hadn't called to tell me he was here. We finally upgraded to three hours when Jason was sure that I'd be okay. I wiped the sweat off my brow and moved closer to the door to check if Jason is here and is waiting for me or something.

I got to the door and  opened it and no one was there. Okay this is getting weird and I'm getting worried. This is the third time this week that this has happened. The last two times I went home by myself. Not that I'm complaining, but anytime I get home Jason would be like 'Oh! You are back?' Or 'Has it been three hours already!'.

He has been absentminded since this week and I don't know the cause. Sometimes he'd get angry at people,never at me. Once, I caught him saying something like 'I don't want to lose her too'. He was repeating the words over and over again. I just hugged him deeply and that seemed to calm him down.

I went back inside and closed the door behind me.

''He's not here today?'' Bridget asked as she was rolling the dough. From her voice,I knew she was worried.

I shook my head as removed the apron and kept it in the hamper.

Something is clearly going on with Jason and I don't know what. I don't even know how to or if I can help him and that's making me feel bad. Very bad.

''I'm sorry honey'' Bridget said. She left what she was doing and came to stand in my front.

''Maybe you should ask him what's wrong. I'm sure he'll tell you''

Maybe that's what I'll do. I looked at her in appreciation.

''Thanks Bridget. Um... Can I go now. There are not much people here. I can stay if you...''

''Oh! Don't worry yourself honey. I've got it covered'' She cut me off as she went back to what she was doing.

I looked at her, unsure because Avery didn't come to work today. Zayn was not feeling well.

''I could stay and help'' I told her as I went towards her. Jason can wait. Not really,but I think she needs my help here.

''Don't worry honey. I'll soon close the shop. I have places to be'' She wiped off the flour on her face with the end of the apron.

Thank you.

''Alright. I'll see you later'' I told her. I kisses her cheek and took my purse.

I was heading towards Jason's office because that's were he usually stays by this time of the day.

I was about to open the door to the office when Beta Andrew, Some pack warriors, Derek( who I found out last week was the Delta. In order words,pack warrior' leader). They all barged out of the room at the same time and closed the door behind them, quickly.

Okaaay...

What's  going on? I something dangerous there and where is Jason?

''What's going on?'' I asked in a low voice, so as not to startle them because they were not aware that I was there.

They all turned to look at me. Beta Andrew was about to answer when I head a very loud bang from the office. I winced and looked at it. Is something dangerous there or is it...is it Jason?

I turned rapidly to Andrew.

''What's going on in there? Is Jason there?'' I said trying to get past him to go into the office. He blocked my way and looked at me in concern.