TWENTY

~Jason~

I looked at Jasmine who was sitting in the other corner of the room. Her eyes were red, it was as if she had been crying for long and she has. When she first entered the room and saw Kenzie, she bursted into tears, sobbing loudly. I had to hug her and assure her that all was well even if I was not so sure.

Daniel said that they were trying all they could to remove as much silver as they can from her body. He's not sure of anything and I didn't like that. Fuck! I don't like seeing Kenzie like this. I could have protected her better or at least stopped her from going with Jordan, but she really wanted to.

The pain that I felt in my chest as I was looking at her all bandaged up was almost excruciating. I rubbed my chest to know if the pain would reduced even if was a bit,but it didn't.

I still looking at Kenzie when Jasmine stood up. She was looking very tired. She's been here since morning and it's almost evening. I told her many times to go and rest but she didn't listen.

"I'm going to get coffee downstairs. I'll be back soon" She said while looking at me.

I nodded my head at her. She patted Kenzie's arm gently before leaving. I stared at Kenzie and,Fuck! I'd trade places with her in a heartbeat. I don't like seeing her like this. I like seeing her happy and bubbly and talking with friends. Hell! I prefer her to be mad at me than her lying on this bed unconscious.

"Kitten, I need you to fight this battle and wake up. I, I miss you so so much. Jasmine misses you. Caleb too. Hell! The pack misses you. I think they miss your food more because your food is so delicious.'' I said and smiled at the last part. They miss her because of her personality and well, her food too. My woman can cook.

I was about to speak when the door suddenly opened with force. I was about to shout at the person, but I saw Jasmine instead. She was standing there with a huge smile on her face and she was breathing hard as if she ran a marathon.

"What's wrong?" I ask while standing up. I was really confused. She said she wanted to get coffee. She left this room looking sad and now she returned smiling and without the coffee might I add. I really needed that coffee.

"Jordan is awake!" She said beaming.

It took me a while to process what she just said. My brother, Jordan was awake. He and my mate Kenzie were attacked and were unconscious and I never visited him for once. Shit! What was I thinking?

Well I was thinking about Kenzie but that does not mean that I should forget my brother. He must hate me now.

"What are you waiting for. Come let's go see him. I'm just coming from there and he wants to talk to you" She said still beaming.

Okay! What's the worst that could happen? He might say he doesn't hate me or he might say he hates me and doesn't want to see me again. Fuck!

I stood up and looked at Kenzie before kissing her on the forehead and whispering 'I'll be right back' to the her. I don't really want to leave her, but I need to see my brother and I hope he doesn't hate me.

I walked out with Jasmine and we went to Jordan's room. I don't even know his room, dammit!

Jasmine led me there and waited outside. You can go in, he wants to talk to you.

I nodded my head at her and faced the door. I gulped before reaching for the handle and opening the door.

Jordan was sitting on the scattered bed with his bandaged head in his hands. The blanket was on the floor and his body was shaking as if he was crying. Is he crying?