Ashleys childhood part 2

Ashley sat fidgeting in the chair of a waiting room swinging her legs.
"Ashley, don't do that it will hurt you." She was only so young and therefore easy to manipulate. She'd believed her whole life, her bones were fragile and easily broken. She chews her lip and stops swinging her legs.
"Ashley Thomas!" The doctor calls and she gets up walking with her parents. Ashley climbs into the doctors chair and smiles shyly. "How old are you sweetie?"
"She's 5." Her mother butts in, and the doctor gives her a weird look.
"It's best if she answers.' Ashley holds up 5 fingers. "And, explain what you think the problem is..." she looks at her mom, having lines to tell the doctor.
"U-um, my bones... they hurt and when I fall over I-I break them...." she was in many casts. The doctor sighs
"This is true?" The parents nod "The hospitals confirmed it." The doctors sighs and pulls out some files.
"Well Ashley, you have Brittle bone disease just as your parents had assumed also known as Osteogenesis imperfecta. It means your bones are more hollow then the regular bone, over time it's possible you won't grow quite as tall as you should and might even have a bit of a hunch but we'll offer you support-"
"I don't think so." Her mother chips in making the doctor frown suspiciously. He takes a little torch and shines it in her eyes making her squint.
"Yep, a blue tint, a little less then usual but that's a definite symptom. I need to talk to your parents privately so if we could step into the hall then...?" They all get up and into the hall.

"What's wrong doctor?" Her father asks concerned.
"Over time, she may develop some pain, as well as be at a higher risk if ever pregnant, she could also possible become partially deaf..."
"So she'll never have children?" Her mother asks
"No that's-"
"I've heard enough. Get Ashley I'll be in the car." She storms away leaving the father to get Ashley, he goes in and picks her up.
"Hey kiddo, we got some bad news...." He says as he takes her to the car. She looks up at him tiredly and nods as he straps her into the car seat.
"You're never gonna have baby's, I know it doesn't mean anything now but it will when you're older, you might also go deaf..."
"What's deaf?" She asks cutely.
"Like grandma, you know she wears those things to hear." She nods
"Okay...."

On the way home, they picked up Evangeline from Grandmas, who took the curtesy to make fun of Ashley for her new diagnosis as well as hit her and kick from her own seat.
"Wonder if I can break you." She mutters.
"We're going into the store you sit tight now." Her parents say and get our leaving them alone together. Ashley looks at her sister teary eyed.
"Please stop kicking..."

An hour later, her parents leave the store, her father pushing a wheelchair and her mother clutching her purse looking around nervously. They load into the car and start to pull away just as the security guard of the store runs through the door.

They reach home and Ashley’s mother lifts her up and puts her in the wheelchair then takes a belt, binding her down into the chair. “Momma why am I- ow!” She yells when her mother smacks her “you have to stay in this chair young lady! And don’t you dare talk back.” The frail young girl whimpers and writhes in the chair as it was too tight "An' stop squirmin'!"

It had been days since her diagnosis, she was often left places in her chair and had no choice but to just sit there and wait for someone to come back and get her, meaning often times she would wet herself, or throw up or cry from hunger, then hours later they'd find her stinking of urine and covered in irritated rashes, they would clean her up then put her in a diaper, or as they're called for older kids, pull ups. Eventually these became a comfort for young Ashley