22 (TW, check warning chapter to see)

Past Brahms POV*

Brahms sat patiently on the stairs leading to his front door, all dressed up and ready to play with Emily on his birthday.
"Is she here yet lad?" His father suddenly spoke behind him making the boy jolt a little, he looks back at his father and shakes his head, his father always seemed to like when Emily came over, he assumed it was just that he was happy his son had a friend. His thoughts are interacted when a car pulls up and a little girl comes running out towards him. "Brahms!" She pulls him into a tight hug and smiles, her smile falling a little under Mr Heelshires Gaze, shyness.

"Come on Brahms, I want to go explore." The boy looks back at his father for approval and he nods "alright boy, just go get your coat on." Brahms nods and jogs to the closet they kept coats in, grabbing one of his and putting it on, when he came back, Mr Heelshire was saying goodbye to Emily's parents, watching as they pull away out of the little estate. Emily comes over grabbing his hand and pulling him into the surrounding woods. As they walked through the woods, Emily talked to him about how she was doing and what she'd done recently, knowing he didn't like to talk much. A twig snapped behind them and they both turn, not seeing much through the trees.
"I'll look." Brahms offers, trying to seem Brave, he walks into the mass of trees, walking and walking until he could find something, accidentally walking so far he couldn't hear her shout for him. He began to come back, her yells that were unheard had stopped now.
"Emily?" He came upon something no child should see.

Mr Heelshire was knelt on the fallen leaves and twigs, zipping up his trousers and redoing his belt, panting. Emily's tights were around her yellow duck wellies, her head bleeding heavily and she appeared to be asleep.
"Daddy?" His head snaps up, looking panicked, caught in his terrible act.
"Brahms!" He stands fast "Look what you did! You left her all alone and now she's dead!" Brahms face fell.
"What? No no daddy I didn't it's not my fault I didn't!"
"The police will be coming for you! Quick, let's get home." Mr Heelshire grabs him by his collar and starts dragging him home, stopping from saying goodbye to Emily, hugging her.

"Brahms has killed her." Mr Heelshire hurriedly lies to his wife.
"Mommy no!" Brahms ran towards his Mother getting a slap across the face.
"How could you! You've brought shame and darkness on this family! My son, a murderer..." She begins crying. Mr Heelshire held her.
"We can't let police talk to him." He was scheming, trying to stop Brahms from being able to tell the truth.

"Daddy stop! I won't tell!" He cries as he's dragged into a closet, his father dumping paint stripper on him.
"No! You said you wouldn't kill him!" Mrs Heelshire cries trying to grab her son.
"It's too late, he's a murderer!" He pushes Mrs Heelshire back and lights up a match, tossing it into the closet and shutting it locking it.
"Darling stop let him go! He's our son!" Mr Heelshire pulled her through the house and out into the yard watching.
"This is what's for the best..."

Brahms lay curled up, hidden away in the forest, he saw in the distance his home fully burnt down, and red and blue lights eventually driving away, he shook in pain whimpering sadly, he saw what his father had done, now he was suffering for it. When everything had calmed down, he saw his mother, walking towards him, everything was blurry in one eye. Poor little Brahms lifted his arms up to his mother, she picked him up, but gave him no comfort, simply setting him back on his feet and silently pulling him towards the burnt down home. They were going to stay in an expensive, private hotel while their house was rebuilt, but Brahms was instructed, he was dead to the world now. Mother soon cleaned his face of the blood, disinfecting the burns ignoring his cries of pain before stitching where she had to and bandaging his whole face.
"We are very disappointed in you Brahms." She got up, going towards her and her husband's room and turning to face him "goodnight." She closed the doors slowly, Mr Heelshire staring him down from behind her.

Mr Heelshire sat at the kitchen table, staring into the newspapers but not reading. He knew his son watched him from the walls, punishing him mentally. Making him remember. Leaving things like pictures of Emily around. And that doll, that doll that mother replaced him with, he used that doll against father. Torturing him. One morning, Mr Heelshire awoke to the boy, growing into his body and through puberty, so much stronger now then he is. Stood over him, that terrifying mask over his face.
"Do I scare you daddy?" He used a child's voice, and the elderly man felt a shiver up his back. Brahms slipped back into the wall, always facing him. This continued for years, up until he convinced his wife to die together, get away from their murderous son.

Brahms had begged them to stay, that he would be better. But Mrs Heelshire agreed, and they left him with Greta, his beloved mother never loved him after that day, only the doll, always thinking he was a murderer.

Brahms is Alone now.

I know it's horrible but I just never believed Brahms killed Emily. And I always thought the way his dad behaved was weird. I had this theory for so long especially since he makes him ans his wife leave early.//