11

Brahms stood watching them, breathing heavily with anger.
"Brahms?" Ashley gasps softly "i-is this real...?
He doesn't say anything, he jumps at Mark pushing him away from Ashely, he grunts as his head hits the ground, his hands grabs at Brahms wrist and he tried to kick at him. Matt and Evangeline scream and try to pry him off.

Brahms grunts and shoves them off, grabbing the steak knife by the plates and driving it into Marks neck impaling the flesh producing chokes and gargles from his mouth, coughing up the blood that floods his throat, Mark grabs at his throat then back at Brahms, smearing him with bloody hand prints, his fingertips reach his mask but barely graze it, leaving a little blood among the blood already spattered across the porcelain. Evangeline screams
"Get off him!" Ashely watches in fear from her wheelchair, unsure how to react. She was always so sure this man was a figment of her imagination. Matt grabs a candle stick from the table, it was metal and heavy, he hits him over the head with it making him drop atop of Marks convulsing body, a puddle of blood surrounding them both. Matt grabs Eva's hand and runs abandoning Ashely.

Nearly 5 minutes had passed and she had finally reached the door. She looks back at Marks body and whines, crying more and feeling sick. She didn't even notice Brahms was gone. Looking back she saw the latch was too high, she takes a deep, shaky breath and pushes up out of her wheelchair, gripping the arms, she reaches for the latch when she hears a bang from the wall. She yelps and falls back, hitting her head on the arm of the chair but landing in strong arms....

Brahms wouldn't ever shy away from it, he loved killing that man. He deserved it. He loved the sight of the man, coughing and choking on his blood, watching as his life quickly slips from his fingers, until his stupid friend got in the way of his display by knocking him out. He fell into the warm coppery liquid as the man quickly died.

When he woke, he saw himself alone with the man dead under him, his Ashley was gone. He grunts and gets up looking around, his shirt and cardigan soaked with blood. He sees Ashley standing to reach the door and quietly stalks towards her. When she falls he rushes over and catches her, but as she lay unconscious in his arms he knew he wasn't fast enough. He carries her through the hole he had made in the wall to his little room laying her gently down and stroking her hair.

Now. Her sister and her stupid boyfriend...

Eva held his hand running through the halls, they reach her room and lock the door.
"What about your sister?!" Matt yells "that...thing killed Mark he'll kill her too!" She slaps a hand over his mouth "shut up! He'll hear us, who you prefer he kill her or us?" She whispers angrily at him. He looks down ashamed "fine..." They stand silent, waiting and listening and for a while they don't hear anything. Eva's grip on Matt tightens at the sound of her sisters yelp and the thud. Had she been killed? They stay silent and waiting, unaware of the man emerging from the wall and getting ready to strike.

"Is it safe?" Matt whispers

"No."