16

Ashley shot up gasping, she'd just woken from her dream and those nightmares of her childhood. She quietly starts to cry, pulling her knees to her chest and hiding her face as she cries quietly. She was half crying from the knowledge of what happened, and half crying because for a brief moment she got to be a mother. Ashley should have anticipated the cold hand that gently touches her bare shoulder, she was wearing a spaghetti strap tank top and some shorts to bed, she gasps softly but didn't fight his touch. The mattress sank as he sat beside her, not daring to move his hand, she looks up at him with puffy, doe like eyes. His heart melts, her dark eyes glistened with tears. "Oh Brahms..." She says quietly as she hugs him tight burying her face in his chest making him jump, he breathes shakily and wraps his strong arms around her stroking her hair. "What's a matter dear..." Brahms asks gently.

Brahms reappeared in the doorway with two cups of tea, he'd been taught by his mother that when someone was upset you make them tea. Ashley looks up seeing him and she smiles weakly and rubs her eye sniffling "Thank you Brahms..." She takes one cup from him and takes a small sip "it's perfect." She says softly making his heart race. He still didn't know what was upsetting her so badly, and he wanted to, he wanted to know everything about her good and bad. One thing he had noticed, from her wearing such short shorts ,were rough, sore looking scars on her upper inner thighs. "Could I talk to you? About, my feelings." She giggles a little emphasising the word as if mocking it. He sits back beside her and nods. She hesitates for a while, thinking how to start. "You know already that... I have this disease, that makes my bones fragile, that's why I sit in the chair and struggle with walking..." She says and he nods, already knowing this, "well... It wasn't always like that, I had bone issues but I wasn't always in the chair. In my dream I was remembering it..." She tears up again and drinks her tea to try and hide it. "They tied me down into it and, feed me all these drugs that just, exhausted me and make me feel so ill, then they would just leave me for hours where I couldn't move myself a-and... I'd pee myself, and starve and vomit..." She starts crying again, Brahms takes her tea putting both cups on the nightstand before pulling her close again, rubbing her back."

"Shhh, shh it's okay..." He said in his little boy voice. She calms down a little again.

"They said I couldn't have children.... And that I could go deaf..." She tells him fidgeting with his cardigan "but in my dream I had a little baby... She was adorable" she smiles almost sadly. "You know they put me in diapers instead of letting me use the bathroom..." She says sadly, he figured that the scars might have been where she had urinated.

Brahms didn't show it, but inside he was fuming. Full of rage towards her parents, he of all people knew how it felt to be mistreated by parents, to be told something is wrong with you even though there isn't, being isolated for years, the two of them really weren't that different. He didn't want her to be sad so be cups her cheeks were going away her tears with his thumbs gently. "Talk about the baby." He says gently hoping that despite her being sad that she wouldn't have one, she'd be happy at the thought.

She smiles gentle and his heart flutters. "She looked like me when I was a baby, so I knew she was definitely mine... She was named Emily, I don't really remember much else... I don't know who the dad was." Ashley lied about that, he was the dad. Brahms frowns slightly picking up on the lie but let's it pass.

He strokes her hair "She sounds lovely..." He says quietly and he couldn't help think about if he and Ashley had a child, he knew she said she couldn't but he could still imagine. Brahms zones out thinking about it.

"Hello dear..." He whispers, leaning down and kissing her, his half awake wife, gently. His skin was smooth, untouched by fire. She smiles and kisses back as her hand runs up through his hair "Hello love..." She smiles warmly before a baby cries. Ashley gets up getting their daughter and brings her back to bed cuddling her. Brahms smiles seeing his daughter "she's beautiful..." Ashley smiles and pulls her top down feeding their daughter then looks back up at him "I love you Brahms..." She whispers.