19: The Beginning of the End

You were quickly shot back. Your back slammed hard against the ground. You stared up to the beast in front of you.

Those Jyuubi attacks were far greater than you expected.

Your wood walls are up a good chunk of your chakra. You wouldn't be able to hold it back much longer. You were the only one who was capable of stopping it.

A task that was great even for you.

"Everyone run! It's going to attack again."

Your eyes shot forward in fear. And you clapped your hands together.

"Wood Style: Wood Clone Jutsu."

From behind you spawned multiple clones. They shot out to the sides of you.

"Sage Art: Great Absorbing Deity Gate."

Your body felt weak. And before you fell to the ground. You caught yourself.

This was consuming so much of your chakra.

The clones followed and from in front of you. A great wall of wood formed. And great wooden hands spat out.

And the ten tails attack would finally reach the wall. In a grand explosion. The wood absorbed all it could. And exploded.

You shot backwards again. Catching yourself with your feet. This was all you could do.

Your chakra felt extinguished.

"Lord 5th!"

You looked over your shoulder to Shikamaru and the rest. The hopeful eyes of the young Shinobi. Filled you with guilt. A frown found its way on your face.

You looked up to your impending doom. If it reached its final form. It would be the end.

"I've got to."

Before you could even stand up. Kakashi scooped you up into his arms.

"K-kakashi."

"You've got to sit back. Shikamaru, do you have a plan?"

"I think so. Lord 5th, please rest. You are a key point to the shinobi alliance."

"Yeah rest for a bit old man Hachi."

"We don;t need you dying here of all times."

"Yeah old man stay alive and rest!"

Your eyes looked over the leaf shinobi. And a smile formed on your face. Your grandfathers will was passed down. Your body felt heavy.

And you would suddenly collapse. And you would be caught by Kakashi. Your eyes closed. And you drifted off into slumber.

"Grandpa. Why do we fight for people we don't know."

Hashirama laughed a bit. And ruffled your hair.

"Why do you fight for your family?"

"Because they are important to me."

"Exactly, everyone here though you may not know them. They are important. They are the life of the village. And you have to care for all of them. Just like your family."

The words began to process in your head. And you would nod. Making the man laugh.

"You're a bit young to ask those kind of questions. But I love you for it."

Your eyes shot open.

And you looked up to Kakashi.

"Kakashi..."