16. The Hokage's Resignation: Living In Peace

"Y/N! Y/N!"

Your eyes would shoot open. And would focus in on Kakashi. Who stared worriedly at you. His hands were tightly wrapped around your arms.

"Oh thank God. Don't scare me like that."

You would laugh a bit. You sat up on top of the bed. Holding onto your right eye.

"Sorry Kakashi. Just slept a bit."

Kakashi would groan. From the bag in his hand. He would pull out a small bowl. Placing it by your side.

"Miso?"

"Yes. A little something to help you."

You watched him pull out a spoon. Pulling off the lid from the bowl. He dug the spoon into the soup. And pulled it up. Holding it in front of you.

Your cheeks reddened at the sight.

Before you opened your mouth. Kakashi placed the spoon in your mouth. You took it in and swallowed.

He would smirk a bit at the sight.

He would push another spoonful of miso into your mouth. Pushing the spoon down then you liked. You gaged a little. Making him chuckle.

"You can take things deeper."

You chuckled smacking his face lightly.

"No dirty talk. I'm not in the mood."

Kakashi would frown making you laugh loudly. You grabbed the spoon from his hand and finished the stew. That would make Kakashi frown.

"You're no fun Hachi."

"I'm not in the mood. Also what's going on with the Tsunade trackers?"

"I don't know. But it's been about a week or so."

"Damn, those poor kids. And I can't do nothing."

"All you can do is wait Hachi."

Kakashi's hand held onto your shoulder. As he would gently rub it. A smile formed underneath his mask. You looked over to the window. Letting a sigh escape your lips.

"I think it's time to retire."

Kakashi would sit surprised at those words.

"What do you mean?"

"Look I'm getting older and older. Older than I really like. I want to travel again."

"But, you have me."

You would chuckled carressing his cheek.

"I know but... I feel like I'm not good enough for you. I constantly work. And can only show affection with my body. I want more. And it'll take a while for you to understand that."

Kakashi would sigh. Holding onto your hand tightly.

"Well I hope you learn your idiotic mistake."

You laughed loudly. As you would shove him a bit.

It was about a month later?

You would stand in front of Tsunade. You were in your full Hokage garb. When you would pull off your Hokage hat.

And tosses it over to her. She would catch it with laziness.

"To you Tsunade. I trust the village in your hands."

"Yeah, yeah."

"Tsunade!"

The elders to your side would exclaim. Making you snicker a bit.

"And so it is. You Tsunade are the new 5th Hokage. Congratulations big sis."

She would look away. And turn around. Looking over to the view below. Waving over to people below.

You watched her do so. Making you flash back to the past. How you would stare over to the people. Whose lives you were entrusted with.

"With that said. It's time for my departure."

You quickly pulled off your Hokage attire. Throwing it to your sides. You waved goodbye. And quickly flashed away towards the village exit.

Just before you could escape.

Kakashi and Team 7 would stop you. You stared with curiosity. Kakashi would immediately bow his head. And team 7 would do the same.

"Thank you for your service Lord 5th!"

They exclaimed in unison. Before Kakashi would walk over to you. Pulling down his mask. Shocking everyone behind him.

He would grab your waist. And pull you into a passionate kiss.

He had pulled away with a smile. Before he would pat your head.

"Good luck out there. You better not forget me."

You chuckled kissing his left cheek.

"I better not come back to rubble."

You looked over to the three kids. You bent down to their level. Smiling you would dig in your satchel.

"I have a few gifts for you all."

You pulled out three items.

"To you Sakura I give this a textbook containing my formulas to chakra control. Able to enhance your fighting style. And  you Sasuke I give you a small charm. This charm summons chakra more efficiently."

"What about me!"

You looked over to the blonde. Letting a smile take over your face.

"And you Naruto I give you this."

You poked his forehead. Sending a shock of chakra. On his forehead a three way star appeared. Curving into a magnificent circle.

"A mark. My little mark that can help you with your chakra control."

You stood up and smiled towards the trio.

"I wish you all the best. And I hope you all do well!"

Your gaze turned over to Kakashi who was blushing underneath his mask. You laughed and tapped his shoulder.

"I'll be back. Take care of the village."

You quickly flashed away. You landed on top of tree branch. You wiped away the tears from your eyes.

Put of the three Senju children. You were the most emotional. Similar to your grandfather.

Your head perked up. And a smile appeared on your face. you were back at it. The Traveling Senju Grandson.

Nephew to Tobirama. And godson to Hiruzen.

You were finally out of the job. Out of that stuffy office. And out into the world!

You landed on top of a hill overlooking the valley below. You took in the fresh air. And let it escape your lips. This was going to be a hell of a life.

 This was going to be a hell of a life

#937