Chapter 13: 'Bathrooms'

(Alright I'm trying a different style of writing and making it more spacious, bear with me, please.)

3rd Person POV:

It's been 2 days since the Fair. 2 days since Kali had kissed her. 2 days since Amity had too. And 2 days since her dad had contacted her again.

And for those past 2 days, life had been miserable for Luz.

None of her friends had talked to her, and she didn't talk to them either. She didn't know why, but she felt embarrassed too. She was the reason their fun day had to end. If she hadn't gone into that alleyway, this could have all been avoided. 

She would have hoped that Amity would at least talk to her but after that little... moment...they had, she wasn't surprised that she hadn't texted her. It would be awkward between the 2 now, but hopefully, it wasn't too bad. Luz didn't want it to be weird between the 2, it was just a little kiss on the cheek, nothing more. But every time Luz thought about it though, she would get red and a squeal would get caught in her throat. Amity Blight really did have a leash on her.

Luz was getting ready for school, getting up, and going through her routine. She had made herself some breakfast which was just eggs and a piece of toast.

Luz didn't really feel like dressing up today, so she just had on a purple hoodie and a pair of black pants. It reminded her of what she used to wear when she was a little bit younger. 

She had a purple and white hoodie with cat ears she would wear everywhere. She wondered where it was now, probably buried in the back of her closet. 

Luz picked up her phone, it read that she had about 30 minutes to get to school. She guessed that she would just head out now. She gave her mom a goodbye like she usually did and walked out of the house, locking it behind her and putting her key back in her backpack. 

She wondered if Amity and Boscha would come for her like they did every morning. But after the Fair day, she wasn't sure that Amity would want to see her. So, Luz pulled out her phone and went to messages. Her father's message from Saturday still stayed unopened and staring at her straight in the eyes. She simply scrolled past it and went down a couple of more. 

She debated who to text but guessed it was probably not the best idea to text the Blight. She clicked on Boscha's contact, writing out 'You guys almost here?'  before hitting send. 

She waited for a bit before her phone vibrated again. 'Yeah, on our way' she sent back. So, for the time being, Luz sat down on her porch and waited for her friend to come by.

It took about 5 minutes until she heard Boscha's voice in the distance. She tensed up a bit before looking over. Boscha and Amity both walked towards her house, and she panicked. 

Luz felt her face go a bit red and she quickly pulled out her phone, pretending to scroll through it. When her friends made it in front of her, she pretended not to notice. "Hey bad boy, let's go," Boscha said, saying the nickname that Luz gave her. Luz got up from her spot, dusting herself off a bit as they started walking. Luz didn't dare face Amity, she couldn't. She felt someone tap her shoulder. 

"Hey," Amity said with a small smile. Luz glanced at her a bit, "H-Hi," she stuttered out idiotically. 'Dang it, Luz,' she scolded herself in her head. She took a quick look at Amity again, seeing that she had a small frown on her face. Luz didn't want to seem awkward or uncomfortable around Amity, because she wasn't. Amity was her best friend and she didn't want to be weird.

"So...are you alright?" She heard the Blight ask. Luz looked at her, "Oh, Uhm, I could be better...but I'm ok I guess," Luz rambled fastly, rubbing the back of her neck. Both Boscha and Amity rose an eyebrow at her. "Are you sure dude? Seems like you're a little on edge," Boscha said.