Chapter 2: 'You Again'

3rd Person POV:

Amity woke up in a cold sweat as she shot up from her bed. Her room was pitch black and cool. The only noise that could be heard was the slight creaking of her fan as it turned. Amity let out a deep breath and rubbed her eyes a bit, adjusting to the darkness of the room. She looked around to see the posters around her. She reached for the phone that was on the nightstand next to her. The bright screen illuminated Amity's face, her eyes dilating for a second. When they adjusted, she looked at the time on her phone.

3:47 AM

Amity let out a groan and slammed her face into the pillow, hoping to fall asleep again. She laid there for about 5 minutes until turning on her back and facing the ceiling. She tried to decide on what to do because there was no way she was going back to sleep at this point. She looked back at the time, Boscha would probably be up at this time. It was a Saturday and Boscha usually pulled all-nighters on weekends. Amity unlocked her phone and scrolled to Boscha's contact. Clicking on it and revealing their last texts that were about the chemistry test they had coming up.

'You up?' Amity sent. She waited for a response, her light breathing being the only thing she could hear. She continued to look at the screen and saw Boscha typing. 'Yeah I am' She said, 'Did you have another nightmare?' Boscha questioned. She knew Amity had been having trouble sleeping lately, with her having nightmares and flashbacks. 'Yeah, it wasn't that as bad as the others though' Amity sent back. 'Do you want to go to the mall today or something, it's gonna be a boring day' Boscha asked the girl. Amity thought about her schedule, and nothing was going on. Her dad was going to be at a meeting and her siblings were probably going out to get wasted. 'Yeah, how about we meet up at 12:00' Amity suggested. 'Sounds good, now go to sleep so you're not tired tomorrow' Boscha sent, Amity chuckled. 'Aw, you're worried for me~' she sent. 'Shut up, now go to bed' Boscha said. 'Ok goodnight, don't stay up all night talking to flower girl' She sent before putting her phone back on the stand.

She laid on her side and stared at her closet, it was closed and she could see the drawings and carvings that were on it. She remembered the times she would draw random things on her walls. She felt her eyes began to grow heavy again, and she fluttered them. Her mind raced with good memories, making her smile a bit. The one thought that crossed her mind a lot though, was the girl at the ice cream shop, Luz. Her name played over and over in Amity's mind, thinking about her smile and her laugh. Amity thought about her as she began to sleep, a wave of darkness coming over her. She didn't have another nightmare for the rest of the night, her dreams were soft and pleasant.

---

Amity woke up with the sunlight in her eyes. She let out a soft groan and rubbed them, looking around her room to see all the posters and banners. She got up from her bed, stretching her arms out. She was a little sore from practice, but not too much. She picked up her phone to look at the time. 10:30 AM, that was a little later than she usually wakes up. She walked over to the bathroom right across her room. She brushed her teeth and her hair a bit before jumping in the shower. She was going to meet Boscha later, so she might as well get ready. When she finished her shower, she walked over to her room and began to change

She wore a pair of black jeans and a black shirt with the band Arctic Monkeys on it. She put a white long sleeve under it and called it a day for the outfit. She dried her hair and put it in her signature half-up-half-down style. Her brown roots were showing from her hair, but it still looked good on Amity. She put in her contacts and made her way downstairs. Amity saw her older sister in the kitchen, eating a blueberry muffin she had made the day before. "Morning Em," Amity said with a wave. "Hey, Mittens," her sister responded with a smirk. "Ooo, can I have one?" Amity asked, pointing at the muffin. Emira nodded and pointed to the pan where they were on. Amity grabbed one of them, biting into it. The flavors mixed in Amity's mouth, it was delicious. "Wow, you're getting better," Amity said with a smile.