Chapter 25: "Christmas Gifts"

3rd Person POV:

Luz was finally ungrounded, and she was so happy. Winter break was finally here and she could see her friends again outside of school. The only problem was that because Luz was grounded, she never got to go Christmas shopping for her friends and mom.

So, on Luz's first day of ungrounding, she decided to go out on her own to shop. She would invite her friends, but she can risk them knowing what she was going to get them. She had perfect gifts in mind. 

For Willow, she was going to get her Bonsai Tree seeds and a yoga mat since she is a huge plant lover and likes to work out. Luz used to have one when she went through a plant phase, and she loved taking care of it. At least she did until she forget about the tree and it wilted.

For Boscha, she was going to get her new batting gloves for softball since she talked about how old hers are getting, she was still working through that gift.

For her mom, she was getting her new reading glasses. She hadn't been able to get new ones and her's don't seem to fit comfortably on her face. Luz would also make a homemade card for her and a letter about how much she appreciates her.

Luz was also going to get a present for her neighbor across the street. Eda had helped her through a point of confusion in her life, and she wanted to repay her. So, she would get her something owl-related. She didn't know what yet, but she knew that was the right choice. And, of course, a chew toy for King.

And for Amity...Luz didn't know where to start. She wanted to get her something sweet and sentimental. Something that was as beautiful as her. Luz didn't think that was possible though.

As Luz grabbed her bike in the front yard, she could see Eda and King on their porch. It was cold outside, but she seemed to be cozy. Luz waved as she rode off towards the mall. She rode fast, the wind making her eyes watery from it hitting her face. She had made plans with Amity to hang out after she was done so had to be semi-quick.

When she finally got to the mall, she could see it wasn't as packed as she expected. "Yes!" Luz exclaimed quietly. She never liked being in crowded spaces by herself. As Luz walked in, she could hear Christmas music playing loudly on the speakers. She didn't care for it, but it did make her slightly happy. 

Luz's first stop in the mall was for Willow's yoga mat she was getting. It was an easy find, so Luz started with that before getting on the other gifts. Of course, Luz knew she wasn't getting all the gifts today, but it would be nice to at least get most of them. 

Luz then spotted something she could get for Eda. It was a matching mug set, one mug said 'The Owl Lady' as the other just looked like an owl. She thought it was perfect. She had also gotten King's squeaky toy in the process. She decided to get him one that looked like a rabbit with a blue button for one of its eyes. It also had a tag that said its name was Francois, Luz laughed at that.

Her last stop would be a store where she could buy her mom the glasses. Luz had got her mom's exact size with some extensive research, and by that, she meant looking at the pair she has now and upsizing it. Luz looked at some pairs and found some that her mom would probably like. They were just a simple dark blue frame, but in the square shape, she enjoyed.

Luz decided to get those and called it a day for the mall. She was starting to get overwhelmed by the people there anyways. She walked outside, feeling the cold breeze again that sent a shiver down her body. Luz got on her bike again after unlocking it, riding fastly down the sidewalks. 

She swore she made it back in record time, it was way too cold for her to ride slowly and take a stroll. Luz quickly made it inside where she saw her mother sitting at the dining room table. "Hola, Mija, what's that you have?" Camila asked.

𝙼𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚢 || (𝙷𝚞𝚖𝚊𝚗 𝙻𝚞𝚖𝚒𝚝𝚢 𝙰𝚄)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें