Chapter 15: 'Eda's Advice'

I am so sorry for disappearing for a month, I just had no motivation at all to write and things had come up. I'm feeling a lot better now though, and you can expect new chapters to come. <3 ~ neo.

~~~

3rd Person POV:

Luz sat on the steps of her porch, watching as cars and people passed by her. By her guesses, Luz had been out here for about an hour now. The sun was setting and the sky was now a cotton-candy color. It was beautiful, to say the least.

Luz was just going to wait until her mom got home, and she wasn't sure when that would happen. She would call her, but every time she does, her mom complains that she busy and can't talk.

So, Luz thought it was better to wait than to bother her. She stared down at her phone while soft music played in her ears. She had a small smile on her face as the feeling of Amity's lips on hers still lingered, she never wanted to get rid of it.

A couple of more minutes passed of her scrolling through social media, nothing too exciting. Her battery was about to die, so she tried to salvage it the best she could. She knew she would be bored after it did.

"Hey, Kid!" She heard a voice say. Luz lifted her head from her phone and looked around a bit. "Over here!" The voice called out again. Luz looked in front of her, seeing the lady she had helped move in a few weeks back.

"Oh! Hi," Luz waved with a smile. The lady leaned against a pole on her porch and looked over at Luz from across the street. "I noticed you've been out here for a little while, everything alright?" She asked.

Luz put a hand behind her neck, "Yeah, I'm fine, just kinda lost my house key at school today," She said. "Well it's getting late, why don't you come inside for a while until your mom gets here?" The lady suggested. Luz was a bit hesitant, but eventually stood up and grabbed her backpack. She walked across the street to the house and met the lady in the front.

"Thank you," Luz said with a soft smile. "No problem. Come on," The lady said as she brought Luz inside of the house. It looked way better now than before, boxes were gone and many things were hung up on the walls. Even though it was a bit messy, it seemed cozy.

Luz looked around a bit before she felt a weight land on top of her. Luz stumbled back a bit and looked down to see the dog she had met when she helped move in. His tongue stuck out and he was panting a bit as she let out a tiny bark.

Luz smiled down at him, "Hey buddy, How have you been?" She said, petting him behind the ear. Luz noticed he had a tiny hat similar to before, but this time it was a crown. "King get off of her...sorry, he's a bit clingy," She mumbled a bit. Luz chuckled a bit as she went over to a couch. She placed her stuff on the floor and sat down quietly.

Eda sat in a chair from the other side, "So, tell me, how's life?" Eda asked. Luz nodded her head, "Really great actually, I love this house!" Luz said, looking around her surroundings a bit. She took in every single detail and artifact the lady had, she seemed like some sort of collecter.

"Eh, Hooty is a little hard to take care of, but I guess he's alright," She said, dusting off the chair she was sitting on a bit. Luz gave off a confused look, "Hooty?" She asked. "Oh, Hooty is the house. Well, the security system at least, I just call him that because why not," Eda answered.

Luz took it in, 'One of those' she thought in her head. "Well, nice to know...What about you, everything been ok?" Luz asked. "It's been good, my sister came over here a couple of times telling me that I'm 'eccentric'," Eda said, putting the word in quotes.

Luz laughed a bit. She noticed King had come over to the couch, taking a seat right next to Luz. "King, you haven't even taken a bath yet. You're gonna dirty up the couch!" She said. King didn't budge though, he seemed to growl out a bit before turning away from Eda.