Chapter 24: 'Lights and Fights'

⚠ TW: FIGHTING, VIOLENCE, AND SWEARING 

Quick A/N: I would like to say thank you for all the support through this fic :) I could never be more grateful for each and every one of you. I wanted to make this chapter longer because I just feel like y'all deserve it. Also, please tag spoilers if you talk about the new eps in the comments. Thank you again, so much love to you all. Only a couple of chapters left to go ~ neo <3.

3rd Person POV:

3 weeks have gone by, which meant Christmas was right around the corner. This past month was crazy, with so many fights and arguments. Luz just needed a chill afternoon with her friends. And that's exactly what she was going to do.

Christmas lights had just started to show up, and Amity had told her that the town goes all out for them. Since lights would be better at night, the group decided to get going at 9 o'clock. It was around 8 now and Luz still had yet to be ready.

She knew she had to get up, but she just felt so cozy in her bed. It was cold outside today, and she just felt safe in her own space. That didn't last long though.

There was a knock on her front door. Her mom was already in the kitchen so she yelled, "I got it!". She only heard muffled voices, but she could tell who they belonged to. Luz heard the footsteps come up to her door.

There were 3 knocks, and Luz just let out a tired "Come in,". Her girlfriend appeared in the frame she had a big, puffy black coat and purple ear muffs around her neck. Luz thought she looked absolutely adorable.

"Woah, you're not ready yet?" Amity asked, kind of shocked. The Blight walked over and took a set at the edge of Luz's bed. Luz just dramatically dug her face into her pillow. "Feeling lazy today?" Amity asked with a chuckle. Luz just grunted.

Amity got up and walked towards her girlfriend, placing a small kiss on her forehead before ripping the covers off of her. Luz instantly stood up, her hair a mess and her clothes all wrinkled up. "Hey! That's not nice," She exclaimed.

Amity laughed. "Come on you have to get ready! You still wanna go see the lights?" She asked. Of course, Luz did, she just didn't have the energy to get ready. "Yeah I do, just give me a second to adjust," Luz said.

Luz yawned and took a big stretch before she stood up a new person. "Ok, I feel better," She said with a smile. "That's all it took?" Amity said laughing. Luz just rolled her eyes playfully, "I'll be right back," She said, walking out of her room and to the bathroom. She had brushed her teeth and thrown some water in her face to wake herself up more.

After that, she walked back into her room to see Amity sitting at her desk. "Ok, I don't have a lot of winter clothes since I didn't live in a cold place, " Luz said as she stared at her closet. "Well, just pick out the comfiest pair of pants you have and go from there. It's supposed to snow tonight," Amity said.

Luz dug around a bit before she found a pair of light-washed jeans. They were really heavy-duty and had no rips so she thought they would hold up. She spotted Amity's new letterman jacket she had just gotten from winning nationals.

Luz laughed remembering how happy and proud Amity was afterward, Luz cheered her on the whole time. Amity let Luz keep it in her closet because she was running out of room, but also because Luz seemed to like it a lot.

Luz pulled it out of the closet. "Amity, would you be mad if I wore this?" Luz asked. Even if it was in her closet, it was still Amity's. "No, you can wear it, but please don't get it dirty or stained," Amity said.

Luz promised not to and put the letterman on her bed. She decided to put a long-sleeved shirt and a hoodie under it. She hated the cold weather.

"Alright, I'll go out while you change," Amity said, getting up. "No, it's ok, I'll just go in the bathroom," Luz suggested. Amity was already near the door. "No it's ok, I want to talk with your mom anyway," Amity said as she walked out.