Chapter 1: 'Sweet Spot'

3rd Person POV:

Amity Blight; successful, beautiful, and rich. She was valedictorian of her class and the captain of the girl's softball team. She had everything you could ever want. The popularity and the money. People would do anything to be friends with her, but Amity just found that annoying.

Even though Amity was popular, she never really talked all that much. She only had 1 really close friend, Boscha. She was nice to her and had always been by her side, ever since they were little kids. They would always hang out together, just the 2 of them. Amity didn't really need anyone else, she had all the friends she needed and everyone liked her.

So, when she met a new girl, why did she suddenly feel so empty inside.

---

Amity walked to Hexside like she usually did. Even though she could drive herself, she enjoyed looking at all the trees and the overall nature around her. The morning sun kissed her skin and she looked absolutely stunning. She had her green-died hair in a half-up-half-down style. She wore a simple black shirt with a flannel over it, a pair of jeans, and black converse. The typical fall style. Even though it was only September, it had gotten a little colder in the Boiling Isles and Amity loved it. Fall was definitely her favorite season.

When Amity reached the front doors of Hexside, she was immediately met by the sight of Boscha.

Boscha has been Amity's friend for as long as she could remember. They met in grade school and had done everything together ever since. They were almost like sisters to one another. Now that they were in their sophomore year of high school, they could experience new things together. They could have the stupid high school experience everyone wanted.

The pink-haired girl walked up to Amity, putting her hands on her shoulders and slightly shaking her. "You will not believe what happened," Boscha said with an exciting tone. Amity gave her a smirk and got out of her grasp, starting to walk towards the library of the school. "Spill it," Amity said. Boscha walked beside Amity, keeping her pace. "Ok so, you know me and Willow have been talking for a while now, I think she..." Boscha started saying. Amity had zoned her out a bit, focusing on the music she had on her headphones and slightly humming the tune.

She was pulled out of the trance when she saw Boscha's hand snap in front of her. She looked back at her friend and saw her look of worry. "Help me Blight, you're good at giving advice," Boscha said. Amity rolled her eyes playfully and opened the door to the library, Boscha following close behind her. "If you want love advice, don't expect me to be any help. I've never even kissed a guy before," Amity exposed, flinching a bit at what she said. Boscha crossed her arms, "It's not love, I just like talking to her" She said defensively. Amity turned to face her and raised an eyebrow, "Whatever helps you sleep at night," She said with a small chuckle. A light blush appeared on Boscha's face and she pushed her friend a bit, "Shut up!" She exclaimed, earning her a 'shush' from some of the students.

The girls stayed in the library, Boscha stayed rambling about her girl-crush while Amity read a book. She gave Boscha some advice, asking her how she feels about the girl. Their conversation was cut short by the 5-minute warning bell. They shot up from the seats and placed the book back, walking out together. The hallways were full of loud chatter from students. People greeted the 2 girls, giving them compliments and just saying hello. They both continued walking to the first-period class they had together, which was Algebra.

Amity had walked into the classroom, met by the sight of a substitute teacher. She gave them a warm smile and a wave, which they returned back. Amity took her usual seat, Boscha sitting next to her. They had pulled out their notebooks and wrote down the date. Boscha continued talking about Willow, Amity sighed out softly. "If you keep talking about her, she might brainwash you," Amity said playfully. Boscha closed her mouth, a visible blush showing on her cheeks as she looked away.