Chapter 23: 'Break'

3rd Person POV:

Luz left. Amity stood there, stunned. Yet again, a person walked out because of her words. 

She couldn't even fathom what went on in the past minute. Everything that could go wrong, went wrong. 

"She'll never want to speak to me again..." Amity whispered to herself, her eyes getting teary. "Why can't you just be quiet, for once," She degraded herself as she cried and wept.

She stayed like that for the rest of the day.

She got Luz's text, but she didn't know what to say.

She knew Luz didn't actually feel sorry, she shouldn't feel sorry. It wasn't her fault.

Amity stared at the message all day in her dim room. Her face must have been so puffy and red from tears.

'Say something. You can't let her feel this way,' Amity said to herself.

She didn't do anything though, she couldn't do anything. She was never good in these types of situations. But, she knew who was.

Amity slowly got up from her bed, trying to see if this was a good idea or not. Ever since mom went away, Ed and Em have been distant. She couldn't blame them though, she hasn't been the most social either lately.

The Blight walked down the hall, tears in her eyes. She felt so bad, how could she say something like that.

Amity walked down the hall to her older sister's room. She knocked on the door and considering the rustling she could tell someone was also in there. "Come in!" She could hear Em say on the other side.

Amity walked in the room, holding back a sob. She looked towards Em's bed to see Viney, Em's usual lab partner. She felt awkward crying with her there. "Oh um, Hi Viney," Amity said with a sad smile. 

Amity could see Em and Viney look at each other worriedly. "Oh um, sorry Em, I gotta go home," Viney said as she grabbed her things in a rush. "Nice seeing you Amity," Viney said with a smile as she gave Em a silent goodbye.

Emira instantly stood up after Viney left, "What's wrong?" She asked.

~~~

It's been a day and there was still no response from Amity. Luz would desperately check her phone every single second, just to see if her contact ever appeared on her phone.

'She isn't sorry,' Luz thought to herself.

For the time they had been together, Luz had been the happiest she had ever been. She has never felt more free or comfortable around a person in her life. This was exactly the reason Luz didn't want to be mad at Amity.

She didn't think it was possible to be mad at her.

But, she took her biggest secret, the scariest moment in her life, and turned it against her. There was no way to justify what she said. 

She wanted to talk to someone,  but who could she talk to if not Amity. She's always been the one there for her for moments like these. So now, Luz had no one to talk to, and a girlfriend she definitely did not want to see right now.

So, she went to the only person she knew who wanted to talk to her. 

Luz got up, walked down the hall, and stood in front of the door. She could see a light illuminating from her mom's room. She didn't open it just yet, she needed to think about what she would say first.

'Screw it,' Luz thought as she opened the door.

Luz could see her mother laying down with her back on her headboard. She had her reading glasses on and an open book in her hand. Camila noticed her daughter standing in the doorway.