Chapter 26: 'A Surprise Visit'

///S2B EP 14 Spoilers/// I know it is so late in this fic to say this but for the sake of my own sanity, Luz's 'dad' is her stepfather that has been there since her dad died. I can't bring myself to write about her bio dad that way after Reaching Out. I hope you all understand.

~~~

3rd Person POV:

"Luz, Mija, wake up," The little girl could hear a voice say from above her. "It's Christmas Eve, aren't you excited?!" She could hear another voice say. She immediately opened her eyes and saw the sight of her mom and stepdad standing next to her bed. 

"Christmas!" Luz yelled out as she got on her feet. "You seem really excited," Her mom said. "Of course I am, I love Christmas!" The little girl said. She heard her dad chuckle, making Luz focus her attention on him.

"Well, Mami and I got you an early Christmas present I think you'll like," He said, pulling something from behind his back. It was a box that was wrapped in shiny, purple paper. Luz gently grabbed the box and sat down on her bed, placing the present on her lap.

Luz unwrapped the paper quickly and tossed it on the floor of her room. She opened the top of the box and inside revealed a notebook. It was a dark magenta color and was fairly thick. "We noticed you took an interest in drawing recently, now, you can draw all your favorite things in here." Her mom said as Luz looked up at them. 

She gave them both the biggest smile ever and flung herself forward to give them both a hug.

"Thank you so much!" The tiniest Noceda said as the three of them shared an embrace.

~~~

"Luz, Mija, wake up," She could hear her mother's voice from above her. Luz let out a groan and sluggishly opened her eyes. Her mom was standing over her with a huge smile on her face. "It's Christmas Eve!" She said happily. Luz gave out a small smile and sat up. "Merry Christmas Eve, Mama," Luz said as she rubbed her eyes. 

"Here you go, I got you an early Christmas present I think you might like," Her mother said. Luz gently took the present and sat it on her lap. It was a fairly big box with purple wrapping paper. She was hesitant to open it though, she just stared at the shiny, purple paper that the gift was wrapped in. 

"What's wrong? Estas Bien?" Camila said. "Yeah...I'm fine," Luz quietly said. Camila's smile turned into a worrisome look and she put a hand on her daughter's back. "I know, Luz. It's different for him to not be here," She said.

Luz felt herself grasp the present a bit tighter, making her knuckles paler. "I'm not...sad he isn't here. It just feels weird...," Luz lied to herself. Deep down, she did miss him a bit.

Luz's real dad died when she was very young. She couldn't remember much about him, but she still had a special day with her Mami on the anniversary of his death. With that said, when her stepdad came along, he filled the hole that Luz needed. She thought of him as her dad, even though she would always love her real one.

"But, I'm not gonna let it affect me, especially on Christmas," Luz said through a smile. She looked down at the present and unwrapped it slowly, placing the paper on the floor of her room. She opened the box and inside she could see the familiar sight of the watercolor paints she uses for her art.

"How did you know I was running out?" Luz asked with a smile on her face. "I noticed you were struggling with your last piece because you didn't have enough, so, why not get you more?" Her mother said.

Luz chuckled a bit, she could feel tears in her eyes. She didn't know why she felt like crying, but she was sure it wasn't a sorrowful cry. "Thank you, Mama," Luz said as she gave her mother a hug.