Chapter 10: 'Haven't You Heard'

( ⚠️ TW ⚠️: Intense language and f-slur)

3rd Person POV:

Luz walked back to class, wiping off the remaining tears on her damp face. She felt better after her talk with Willow; It made her feel better knowing that someone cares for her. The hallways were empty, except for 2 boys that were running around and probably skipping class. They looked over at Luz, they seemed to be freshmen. Luz didn't mind them though, she continued walking. When she made it to the classroom door, she fixed herself up a little bit; running her finger through her hair to make it presentable. She let out a huff before opening the door. Heads immediately turned her way, Mrs. Sanders stopped talking to face Luz. She gave her a small smile before turning back. She continued speaking as Luz went back to her seat.

Luz was confused about what they were doing, she did leave the class for 15 minutes straight. So she sat there, looking at everyone else canvasses around her. They seemed to be blank, so she guessed she didn't miss much. So, Luz paid attention to Mrs. Sanders until she let them do their work. Luz had opened her journal next to her and started sketching out something, then she felt a light tap on her shoulder. She turned to see Mrs. Sanders staring down at her with a warm smile. "Hey, are you alright?" She asked. Luz gave her a reassuring smile back and a nod. "Yeah, I'm fine! I just...got a text from my mom about something," She lied. "Well, I'm here if you ever need to talk," The teacher said. "Thank you," Luz responded. They shared a smile before Mrs. Sanders walked back to the front of the room.

The rest of the class was normal, nothing new happened today; not like she expected it. The bell had screeched out and Luz stood up from her desk. She gave her teacher a final wave before going out into the crowded halls of the school.  The loud yells and screams made her want to run out of the building. Instead, she held her head low and put her hood back up. She didn't want anyone recognizing her right now. She walked to the school library, which was unfortunately all the way across the school from the art class. She looked around as she walked, making sure she wouldn't accidentally bump into anyone; that was the last thing she wanted to do. Swerving past everyone, she successfully made it to the library without any mishaps. She rushed inside the doors, seeing all the wooden bookshelves.

She looked around for a second before she saw the familiar sight of Amity in one of the aisles. Luz smiled to herself as she walked over to the girl. Amity seemed to be picking out a book from one of the shelves, she took one out and inspected it. Luz had noticed a piece of hair in front of her face when she got closer, so, she reached over and put it behind her ear. She was not expecting Amity to karate chop her hand, but that's what she did. "Ow!" Luz exclaimed quietly, not wanting to disturb other people in the library. "Oh Luz, I'm so sorry, you scared me," Amity apologized, walking back over to the girl in pain. Luz shook her hand a little, waving it to get rid of the pain. "It's fine, sorry, I shouldn't have done that," Luz said, her arm still stinging a bit. "It's alright," Amity responded with a smile.

Luz looked up at her, "You have a strong right," She said with a smirk. Amity's face went a little red, "Shut up," She said instantly. "Ok I'll stop," Luz said defeatedly, looking over at the book Amity had in her hand. Amity sighed out, "Anyways, how has your day been so far?" Amity asked as she started walking to their usual spot. Luz kept up with her pace, "Well, It's good so far, I guess," She lied. Luz didn't exactly want to tell Amity about the rumor, for some reason, she felt embarrassed by it. Of course, Luz has never been ashamed of her sexuality, but for some reason, she couldn't bring herself to tell Amity about it. "Did something happen? Are you ok?" Amity asked worriedly. Luz guessed she could sense the stress in her voice.

"Yeah I'm fine, it's just everything that went on, I just-" Luz said, cutting herself off. She let out a deep breath, "It's just a lot to handle," She finished the sentence. "I can't imagine," Amity remorse, sitting down in the chair. "What about you, I bet you're getting all sorts of questions!" Luz exclaimed. Amity chuckled a bit, "Yeah, but I just ignored most of them. Someone asked me to give them your number was actually, they said you're cute," Amity said, pretending like it didn't bother her. Luz rose an eyebrow, "Wait really, well what did you say?" She asked. Amity shrugged her shoulders, "I told her that you wouldn't be interested and that she should give up," Amity said, opening the book that she had grabbed. Luz felt her face blush for some reason, but she didn't know why. "Aw you're jealous, aren't you Blight," Luz teased.