Chapter 7: 'Avalanche'

3rd Person POV:

Luz, Amity, or Boscha didn't go to school on Monday. Ever since the party, people have been treating Luz like some sort of wanted criminal. Every football boy at Hexside has made death threats towards her and wanted to get revenge for what she did to Zayn. Luz knew she wasn't going to be able to take on all of them if they decided to jump her or something. The only reason she was able to take on Zayn was because of pure adrenaline and anger, and even then, it wasn't like she was planning on punching someone in the face. Luz and Boscha were able to convince their mothers to let them spend the week over at Amity's house surprisingly, and Amity told her siblings that she was sick and had a really bad cold; they knew she was lying though, but they didn't care. Boscha and Amity had been keeping her safe from the kids at school, they didn't want to see Luz get hurt or even worse; killed. Hexside had been known to be a chill school with nice students, but sometimes, the student would get really out of line. There was a case once where a kid got run over by his ex because he cheated on her.

Luz leaned against the headboard of Amity's bed with her legs crisscrossed. She scrolled through her Instagram and saw all the posts people from the school said about the party. Most of them posting videos of the fight, and some posting death threats. The football boys said they were planning on hurting her in some way, and Luz didn't want to find out how. It was around 4 AM. Luz was the only one awake right now, she couldn't sleep. She had a massive headache from the blow she took from Zayn. It was bruised really bad and probably wasn't going to heal anytime soon. Amity was sleeping right next to her, and Luz thought she looked so peaceful even when she was asleep. Boscha was sleeping on a beanbag on Amity's floor. She was snoring lightly and she had all her limbs spread out like a spider, Luz found it funny. She had been awake for a while now, she had woken up because of her headache. Amity had told Luz to wake her up if she needed anything, but she didn't have the heart to wake up Amity from her sleep.

A couple of minutes had passed, and Luz saw Amity thrash around in her sleep. Luz gave her a worried look and put her phone down, Amity looked like she was having a really bad nightmare. "Amity!" Luz exclaimed quietly, shaking her. Without warning, Amity jolted up and started breathing heavily. She looked around frantically like she was looking for something. Luz was concerned, she didn't know what Amity was doing. A couple of seconds passes, and Amity stopped looking around and faced the direction Luz was in. She saw the worried expression on Luz's face and quickly looked away, embarrassed. The Blight looked down at her covers and her breathing became uneven as she let out a sob. Luz was frozen, she didn't know what to do. She has never been really good a comforting people, but she knew Amity needed someone right now.

Luz wrapped her arms around Amity a pulled her into a hug, letting her rest her head on Luz's chest. "It's alright Amity, you're here...you're safe," Luz whispered softly to her, stroking Amity's hair. Luz had no idea what Amity was dreaming about, so she didn't know exactly what to say. Amity continued crying into Luz's blue shirt she had on, it became wet with tears but Luz didn't mind. Amity continued crying for a couple more minutes as Luz whispered sweet nothings to her, it helped her calm down. Amity's breathing became steady and she let in a deep breath, but she still stayed embracing Luz. "You wanna talk about it?" Luz asked her quietly. Amity shook her head, she didn't want Luz to worry about her right now. "Ok then..." she said, hugging Amity a little tighter than before. The green-haired girl felt safe in her friend's arm, she felt like nothing could hurt her. Amity took in Luz's scent, she smelled like a fall day. Amity didn't know how to explain it, but it was her favorite scent now.

They stayed like that for the rest of the night, in each other's arms. Luz's headache had mysteriously gone away and it didn't hurt anymore. Her shirt was damp with Amity's tears but it didn't bother her. She didn't want to ruin this moment right now. There was one thing she wished she could change though, the feelings she felt right now. Instead of the butterflies, Luz felt compelled to Amity; almost like she wanted to keep her like this forever. She wondered if it was wrong to think this, that she could keep Amity for herself. Luz shook off the feeling, it was selfish to take Amity away from everyone. So instead, she took in the moment right now, knowing that it would be over soon enough. Amity's soft breathing could be heard, meaning that she was asleep. Luz shifted over carefully, not wanting to wake her up. Amity tightened her grip on the girl which made a shiver go down Luz's spine. Luz laid her head against the pillows and her back on the mattresses, getting in a comfortable position.