2

"Did you hear? There's a new superhero!"

"There's a new heroine!"

"I wonder where she came from..."

Whispers lingered around the topic of the new vigilante, people giving positive and negative aspects about her fighting and personality (Or what they thought she was like, since she had only been spotted once.) Huddles of curious teenagers were scattered throughout the hallways of the high school, each one hunched over their phones, watching the footage that was posted on the LadyBlog over and over and over again, trying to gain some perspective.

Along with the whispers of the heroine, came gossip about the teen model and singer, Lily Richards, who was moving from New York to Paris for an indefinite period of time. She had yet to arrive, and some of the people who listened to her music lingered around the entrance, hoping to catch a glimpse of the famed pop star.

Two of these students included Alya Cesaire and Nino Lahiffe, who were, coincidentally, dating. They waited on shifting feet, hoping with all their might that she might notice them when she arrived. Along with their nervousness came boredom from their two friends, Marinette Dupain-Cheng and Adrien Agreste. Instead of standing on one foot, then the other, they stood still with slightly annoyed expressions on their faces. The two didn't care for the celebrity, and thought the attention it was pulling from their friends was taking it away from them.

Instead of thinking about the teen star like half the students were, they sided with the other half and thought about the new hero. Being superheroes themselves, they were concerned and curious as to who she was, where she came form, and how she got her powers.

What they didn't know was that the person their best friends were so excited to see was the person they were pondering about as well.

Instead of coming in a limo like Adrien and Chloe did everyday, she came walking on her own two feet, surprising most of the students and disgusting Chloe. But that didn't top her from sauntering over to her and trying to pull her over to her friend, Sabrina, and claiming her as her best friend. She tugged on the girl's arm, yanking her in the direction she was herded to. But the celebrity was not doing as expected of her by Chloe and the rest of the school. Instead of allowing herself to be pulled along, she gently yanked her arm out of Chloe's vice-like grip.

"What are you doing?" Chloe demanded as she spun around, putting her hands on her hips and trying to stare down at the girl that stood two inches taller than her. She narrowed her eyes and put her hands on her hips in a commanding manner.

But Lily Richards didn't take orders from anybody, especially a stranger like this.

"I like to have complete control over my actions, thanks. You know it's not nice to be pulling people around like this. I hope you don't do it to other people here." Chloe looked stunned for  a moment, then regained her composure as her face hardened into what it used to before the shock of Lily's outburst put her into a silence.

"How dare you! I'm the mayor's daughter, and I expect to be obeyed as such! Since you're new, I'll let it slide, but not again!" And with that she stormed off in the opposite direction, swishing her hips to express her anger.

Lily just sighed sadly and shook her head, turning away to start her trek up the steps to the school. Her face held a small smile and a hint of sadness as her feet hit the concrete stairs, seeming a little saddened by her first encounter at school.

The young star had on straight cut jeans, a grey long sleeve and cropped sweater, and her chestnut brown hair curled and pinned back from her face. A small, black, leather backpack adorned her back, along with a small ring with a pearl and two diamonds on each side around her finger. She twisted it fondly, her gentle touch showing the importance of such a tiny item. She made it up the steps and pulled out her phone. Instead of going inside to wait outside the classroom like any other new student, she passed the entrance, choosing to sit on the stone railing that lined the raised platform leading into the school. She sat on the stone with her legs crossed and looked up at the sky, squinting her eyes against the sun.

Adrien looked at the new girl thoughtfully. She seemed shy and sad, yet curious and open minded, just like he had been on his first day. He also recognized another emotion on her face.

Loneliness.

He decided he would try to befriend the already popular girl in hopes they would become friends.