12

Marinette walked onto the boat that was Luka's and Juleka's home, greeted by the clutter of the most random items you could think of from keyboards to vases with fake flowers in them. Rose, Alya, Juleka, and Luka were there already and Luka was telling something to Alya and Rose, and it seemd that they were hanging onto his every word. As Marinette set her bag down, Alya and Rose started jumping up and down, squealing about their idol coming to play music with them. 

Wait, what?

Luka invited Lily?

Marinette's smile at seeing her friends was flipped upside down as she realized that Lily had stolen her two crushes away from her in the space of one day. 

While Marinette was being a sad mess, Lily had arrived, setting the food she had brought on the low folding table Luka's mother had set out. Lily spotted Marinette's saddened face, and went to comfort her.

"Are you okay?" She asked softly, hesitantly wrapping an arm around her shoulders. Marinette jumped from the contact, away from the person who was trying to comfort her. Lily cringed back, her face showing a look of hurt.

"I-I'm sorry. You just scared me." Marinette stumbled over her words, trying to keep her rising anger in for this girl she had pegged as an emotional thief. 

Lily had a genuine look of concern on her face that made Marinette guilty. 

"Well then, I'm sorry for scaring you."

"Yeah, right" Marinette accidentally murmured under her breath. Lily obviously heard this, as her face collapsed in on itself, each beautiful feature of hers drenched in hurt.

"I see." Is all Lily said before turning abruptly and walking away, her face void of emotion.

It was at that moment Luka walked over, just in time to see Lily walking away. "What happened?" He questioned Marinette, who slightly regretted acting like she did to Lily. 

"She just... got upset." Tiki peeked through Marinette's clutch bag and met her gaze with a disapproving one. Lying wasn't necessary, but Marinette was afraid she would fall out of Luka's good graces if she told him the truth. Luka frowned. 

"okay." And he walked away.