13

As Lily plugged in her earbuds yet again, tiny droplets of rain started to fall from the sky, reflecting the tears streaming down her cheeks.

She took out her phone and opened a blank document.

No one will treat me like a normal person. No one will talk to me like I'm Lily Richards, the girl who loves to sing. Instead they'll treat me like Lily Richards, the girl who's name everyone knew.

And then she stashed her phone away again, for later as she walked into an empty alley.

Lily required no kwami, her powers coming from her and her alone. She did not know why she was born with this power, only that she was, and that she wanted to use it for good. Silently, swiftly, and leaving no trace behind, Lily jumped high into the air, flipping as she went. A white, warm light encased her form and she landed back on the ground as Swan, her self-given vigilante name.

As Swan jumped high enough that her feet landed on the rooftop on the tips of her toes, she could faintly see the outline of the houseboat she was on minutes before.

Curiosity got the best of her, and she jumped from rooftop to rooftop, the whistle sashes attached to her waist streaming behind her. As she neared the houseboat, Lily slowed and sat atop a large chimney, high where no one would notice her if they didn't know that they were looking for. She could see Luka laughing with Rose, Alya talking to Nino, and Marinette... Marinette was sitting alone, looking gloomy.

Lily felt sort of bad for her, but then she remembered what she had said to Lily before she left.

The only question was, why did Marinette hate her? What she ever done to the girl to make her feelings toward her negative?

Marinette's POV

Marinette regretted saying what she did to Lily, and as she played out what might've happened if she had been kind, she looked up to the Parisian rooftops and saw a white figure, lounging on one of the many chimneys.

A small gasp left her lips.

Author's Note:

Hello friends! I know I said chapters would be longer, but I wanted you guys to know that I am NOT dead! So, this short chapter followed by 800-1000 word chapter. That sound good?

Have an awesome day!!

-Lily