10

As the three teenagers worked on their science project, one of them was so nervous she couldn't hold the beakers straight, one of them was a little cold towards the other, and the last one was indifferent. Lily didn't notice the effect her presence had on Alya, but she did notice how cold Marinette had become towards her. This made the corners of her lips turn down into a frown, for she didn't know what she had done to earn her hate.

The class came and went, with Marinette contributing close to nothing, being too busy staring at Lily and trying to find a way to hate her. Alya and Lily did most of the work, Alya calming down enough to treat Lily like a normal human being, much to Lily's delight. 

The bell rang, and Alya waved goodbye to Lily before jogging to catch up with Marinette's already retreating figure. 

"Girl, why were you ignoring Lily? She hasn't done anything to you. Is this another thing like Lila? Because Lily hasn't done anything wrong." Alya shrugged her shoulders along with her rant, pausing for a moment to glare at marinette for being so indifferent to Alya's favorite singer.

"No. Well, yes. No, maybe. It's just... Adrien seemed so interested in her today." Marinette confessed to Alya.

Alya laughed out loud. "Girl, if you were listening to Adrien this morning you would know that he thinks of her as a friend!"

"Well, what about Lily? Does she think of him as a friend?"

Seriously, Marinette? Isn't Adrien thinking of her as a friend enough?" Marinette shook her head wildly. Alya sighed. Well, go talk to her!" Alya pointed in front of them where Lily was walking along the sidewalk with her earbuds plugged in yet again, humming to herself as she walked along, putting one foot in front of the other in a straight line. 

Marinette shok her head wildly again. "No, that would be so awkward! What would I say? Why don't you do it?"

"Because you're the one that thinks she liked Adrien after her first day here."

"Well, Lila liked Adrien on her first day here!" 

"stop comparing her to Lila! That's mean!"

"Well, what if she's like Lila?"

"What if she's not?"

Marinette fell silent at this, starting to feel guilty for judging someone so quickly.

"We'll talk about this at Juleka's." Alya concluded, and waved to Marinette as she walked in the direction of her house.