8

Lily walked back up the steps to the school, and just like last time, sat on the stone railing next to the large doors that made the entrance to the school. She again took out her earbuds, listening to different music this time. Again, she took out her small laptop and started typing on it, fingers flying over the keys as if the keys weren't even there. An expression of calm happiness took over her facial features, illuminating her soft beauty in the warm sunlight. All of the boys in the near vicinity had their mouths gaping at her from afar. At least, all the single boys.

Marinette watched angrily as Adrien's eyes widened at the sight of Lily, but his mouth never gaped wide open like all the other people around. Alya was too busy distracting Nino from looking at Lily that she didn't notice that her other friend was about to explode.

And she did.

Well, not visibly.

She walked (appearingly) calmly over to where Lily was situated and held out her hand.

"I'm Marinette."

Lily stared at it for a second.

"Umm... Hi. I'm Lily." Lily hesitantly took her hand in hers, and Marinette felt warmth seep through her chilled fingers. She felt a strange sense of peace wash over her mind, and then she suddenly didn't want to hate this innocent girl in front of her.

Marinette shook the feeling off her and forced a smile through her face that wanted so hard to go the opposite way and turn into a frown.

"Did you need anything?" Lily asked Marinette, and she shook her head, blushing as she realized she didn't have an excuse to go over there.

"Umm... no, not really, you just looked a little lonely is all."

"Oh... well, thank you for thinking of me, but I'm fine. If you want to stay, you can, I'm just not in the talking mood." Lily gestured to the stone in front of her loosely crossed legs, silently inviting her to sit if she wanted.

And Marinette did, cautiously.

Lily laughed softly. "Don't be afraid, I won't bite."

Marinette only now noticed that the way she was moving would seem suspicious, so she tried to relax her tense shoulders, attempting to erase the nervousness that came with talking to such a famous person.

Lily plugged her earbuds back in and her face drained of emotion, leaving behind a well-oiled machine, ready to do anything the world threw at her. She went back to her laptop, typing fast and furiously, as if it had done something wrong to her.

Marinette watched Lily, studying her carefully. Her legs were pulled up against each other and her arms tucked into her side so they'd have better movement when typing. She wondered what she was doing behind the screen.