fifteen

CHAPTER FIFTEEN
❝ as the world caves in ❞

☆ CHAPTER FIFTEEN ☆❝ as the world caves in ❞

☆ ☾ ☆

   The moment our life ends, it can also be the moment it begins.

    There are a few times during our lifetime where we have to choose what to do with our experiences, our losses, our heartbreaks and our own self. Do we let these changes affect us in a negative way? Where it brings us down every chance it gets and we are constantly drowning in our unshed tears? Or do we let it change us, forge us into something else.

    There really isn't a difference between the choices, most of the time you take them unconsciously, but the reflection of them shows in our eyes. They say that eyes are the windows to our souls; but what if we don't have any soul left? What if our heart ached so many times that it shattered and it's just stained glass, ghost of what we used to be.

    The most painful sorrow is the one that we never let out. We contain it in hopes that one day it might disappear. But it does the opposite. Bottled emotions are like a shadow in the sunset, it looks small, defenseless and even irrelevant, there's nothing to be scared of. But as time passes by, it grows and grows into a monster with only one purpose: to eat us alive.

    Some say heartbreak is the worst feeling of them all. Others say it's loss and regret. Others say it's resentment or revenge. But no. The worst and most feared feeling of all is emptiness.

    After so much pain and sorrow and anger and sadness, all that is left is emptiness. It's the shadow that you didn't realize it was growing behind your back; you know it's there, but what's the point anymore? At the end of it all, you won't feel anything. You have already felt it all and it won't come back again.

    Pray for the day your emptiness doesn't consume you. Because once it does, you're doomed to a life of misery. Feeling empty is missing a part of you that died and cannot be reborn. Resurrection won't save you, love won't save you, happiness won't save you, you won't even save yourself. There's nothing left to salvage for it has already been destroyed.

    Feeling everything is better than feeling nothing because at least you have something to blame.

    As the world caved in, the darkness melted around her, like the honey that dripped from his poisonous lips. It embraced her like the arms of her long dead mother. It was all around her, like the rotten love she so much desired, but didn't get to know.

Time had passed. Maybe it had been minutes, or hours, hell, maybe even days. There wasn't much difference. Darkness was timeless, no matter how much you try to outrun it, it will always be at the end of your tunnel.