eleven

CHAPTER ELEVEN
❝ the living dead ❞

☆ CHAPTER ELEVEN ☆❝ the living dead ❞

☆ ☾ ☆

TW:
mentions of su***de.

    When the sun reflected its rays to the earth, it was supposed to be warm. That's how the world worked; without the sun, there wouldn't be light, a layer of curse upon them. The sun did little to warm Bly Manor, whose halls were eerily quiet and shivering, isolated and suffocating.

    The house was full of memories, of secrets and whispers. Even the smallest corners had a story, waiting to be told or repeated. Like any other place, the Manor had history, either people knew some of it or they knew what they were told. It was funny how history liked to repeat itself.

    Although silence was no stranger to the residents of the manor, there was still something unnerving about it. Peace and quiet was a luxury, but in a house like that, it was a burden.

    "I'll be okay"

    Corvina sighed, looking at Nora who smiled innocently. Dani tried to look down, but the interaction was amplified.

    "I'll stay here with Dani, I won't be far from her sight" Nora promised, picking up a piece of fruit from the table.

    Corvina had to do some work for her home schooling, Nora always went with her, but this time, she didn't. She was suspicious, of course, but it wasn't like had to force her to go with her. Miles was with Hannah, and Flora was with Embry; he was trying to start an evaluation, at the request of Dani, to see if everything was okay with her.

    "I'll make sure she's okay, Corvina, don't worry" Dani chimed in, trying to help Nora. It felt good that Nora wanted to stay with her a little, it was more progress that she expected.

    "Alright" Cory finally accepted, sighing in defeat "make sure to be in the room at three, I want you to look over next week's list assignments" this was her last year before she went to uni, so she needed to be prepared.

   "Will do" Nora nodded, smiling.

    Before Corvina left, Nora planted a kiss on her cheek and a tight hug. Cory caress her cheek for a few seconds before nodding at Dani and walking away from the kitchen.

    "Do you need help?" Nora turned to Dani, who was on the other end of the aisle.

    Dani smiled "I'm just cutting some fruit for you siblings, you can help me finish up"