epilogue

CHAPTER SIXTEEN
❝ house of gold ❞

☆ CHAPTER SIXTEEN ☆ ❝ house of gold ❞

☆ ☾ ☆

"Careful, it's glass!"

Lenora warned before hearing the sound of glass breaking. They all paused to see her reaction, fearing she was going to become upset. However, instead of the reaction they were expecting, they saw her laugh.

"Well, it was glass"

Nora smiled, looking at them to see if they found it funny as well. They chuckled and shook their heads, continuing to pack what was left.

    After the events of that night; everything changed in the Manor. Sure, it was still a house full of lost ghosts and bad memories, but now, they all had a choice. They chose to be happy. Everyone decided to leave and stay away from the house, it was time to let it go and everything that held them back.

The Wingrave children were going to be in the custody of their uncle Henry, even Nora who was legally of age. They were going to live with him and Nora was going to take on the family business with him, learning from Henry and making her dad proud.

Embry and Corvina were going to live together and she was going to have a room with them; she was too attached to let them go. Embry would continue to be her therapist and Corvina would help her with her school life until she finished her studies.

Before settling in, however, Nora was going to travel with Embry and Cory around the world. Dani had mapped out a travel plan for them to follow. Dani and Jamie were also traveling, and they agreed to see each other at some locations to see the world together.

Nora tugged a hair strand behind her ear as she closed the box with some more tape. She had her hair up in a way she had never done before. It had actually shocked Cory when she asked her to teach her how to do the specific style. Nora had always been proud of her healthy hair, letting it down to feel carefree. Theon had only liked her hair down, so she was going to pull it up sometimes. She liked the change so far.

    She could hear the voice of Owen coming closer, saying his goodbyes to the rest. She looked up, only to find him already staring at her. They smiled sadly at each other before embracing tight.

    The night she found out Hannah was gone, she couldn't stop crying. She had been in her life for as long as she could remember, she took care of her and always made sure she was okay. When her parents were away and she wanted to stay up a little late, Hannah used to stay with her. She taught her life lessons and was kind. When her husband left, Nora did everything in her power to cheer her up; who needed that loser anyway?