thirteen

CHAPTER THIRTEEN
❝ the lion and the wolf ❞

☆ CHAPTER THIRTEEN ☆❝ the lion and the wolf ❞

☆ ☾ ☆

TW: su***de, toxic relationship

Two Years Ago

Give her heart out and be happy. That's what Nora had always had done, what she was planning to do for the rest of their time.

Nora wasn't religious, she didn't know much of spirituality or the realms our souls travel through the lifetimes. Nora didn't interact with a lot of people, so social interactions were still foreign at some level to her. She trusted the ones around her, why wouldn't she? Why would someone lie, let alone want to hurt you, if you didn't do anything?

    One of the things Nora thought she understood was love. It's an easy concept explained to her as a child. You loved and cared for someone, and they reciprocated that feeling. Love moves the world, right? But what happens when love moves the world into a different direction than intended?

    The first time Lenora Wingrave laid eyes on Theon Abbot was when she was sixteen. A sweet age that seemed to be cloudy with issues coming from within her. The sun hid away that day and the usual noise was pacified, for the thin red cord began to vibrate, cutting itself so thin it was deemed to break at any moment.

Her father had brought his assistant. A young man who had been working with him for almost two years, yet it was the first time he had brought him around to the Manor. Her uncle's assistant, Peter, had always been around, so she wasn't surprised when he entered the house. However, her breath got stuck in her throat after seeing another young man come into the Manor.

    Perhaps it was destiny, a sweet and addictive thought that got stuck in between her teeth. They locked eyes that formed a line that instantly connected and began threading itself with each passing second. It was full of feelings she had never experienced before. It felt like something grew in her stomach, hitting the walls and growing and growing, tickling her to make her feel like floating.

    Or perhaps it was just her curse making an appearance. Something so good couldn't be true, at least not for her.

    Lenora was a simple girl. She liked all colors, she liked to smile and laugh, she liked to play dress up and pretend she was someone else. In the rainy nights, she stayed up to look out the window and on sunny days, she played in the grass and danced around. Sadly, it didn't end there. Sometimes miracles were mistakes too.

    Lenora was also a wolf. She liked to roam around in the dark, she liked to keep secrets and hold people under her fingers. In the days of misery, she preyed and fed, though not consciously. After all those years, she learned how to keep the beast tamed. When it started growling and wanted to bite, she let it, but not at anyone else but herself.