fourteen

CHAPTER FOURTEEN
❝ look what you made me do ❞

☆ CHAPTER FOURTEEN ☆❝ look what you made me do ❞

☆ ☾ ☆

Regret. Guilt. Anger. Emptiness.

Those were just a few feelings she experienced the night she stormed off the kitchen. She laid in bed, staring at her ceiling under her eyelids begged for resting. She slept very little and it showed in her purplish under eye bags.

Despite all those feelings, she knew that tonight was the night that Peter wanted to talk about something. It became her mission to get everyone out of the house and do whatever she needed to drive Peter out too. She wanted to ask Mireya for help, but she didn't know if they had met. If they had, they would be her doom and she knew it.

    Her little plan was simply, she was to find out what Peter wanted to do and intervene. Even if it meant not having control over her body anymore. Everything she had to do as long as he didn't hurt anyone else.

When the first sunlight emerged through the hills, her plan was in motion. With all the pain she had, she changed and put some shoes on, not expecting Cory to come in as usual. She wouldn't want to talk to herself either.

With her head down, she walked out of the room, giving a last look to the corner of her room. Her sibling's room was open, so she guessed Dani already took them to breakfast. In a walk of shame, she went to the kitchen, where it was lonely, except for Hannah and Owen. Where was everyone?

"Morning sweetie"

She looked up at them, a little surprised that they were talking willingly to her. Yes, maybe they weren't for her performance last night, but she knew even the walls had ears; surely they knew something.

"Morning" she looked down again and sat down, where a plate was already fixed for her.

The three stayed in silence as Nora entered her head. Her focus changed from one thing to another, never staying too long in one thought. Her leg bounced under the table as she began zoning out without meaning to, however, as quick as she was about to leave, someone sat down in front of her.

    Nora raised her eyes and was met with Hannah. She looked down, ashamed.

    "Nora" she called and she could only hum in response "look at me"

    Nora shook her head. She couldn't. She knew that she would break down if someone gave her affection, so the best thing for her was to close her heart and guard her mind.