seven

CHAPTER SEVEN
❝ ghost of you ❞

☆ CHAPTER SEVEN ☆❝ ghost of you ❞

☆ ☾ ☆

Reality can be whatever you want, if you want. Time is a construct made by men to have some sort of control over nature's evolution. We create, we mold, we shape it as we want. Yet still there were many who didn't believe or couldn't do it. Sometimes, even though we possessed the capability, there was something holding us back.

    Nora tried to hold onto her reality. Even though it was distorted and blurred half of the time, she walked through it like it was nothing. The colder maliciousness of the undead trailed over her skin. She tried to find comfort in the memories and her good dreams, but for someone as cursed as her it was hard to differentiate between the two.

    Someone put a hand on her shoulder, causing her to wake up from her slumber. She didn't move, fearing that it was just a dream. Everything felt the same.

    They rocked her body with the clear intention of waking her up, which annoyed her for the max. A tired groan came out of her mouth as the events from the previous night came back to her. She had scared everyone in the house and the tension only grew when they received the news of Owen's mum.

Nora felt bad that she had increased the levels of stress in them, so she wanted to make sure to be there for Owen. He insisted she didn't have to go, but she was convinced and ready to be there.

    Her whole life, she had only been to one funeral: her parents. The one she really wanted to attend to was the previous year before her parents, but she wasn't allowed to attend. They thought it was going to fucked her up even more; clearly they weren't seeing straight.

    Thinking it was Corvina that tried to wake her up, she turned around to face her, only to let out a small scream, turning around quickly. Her heart pounded at the rhythm of her blood while she heard his laugh. She felt the vibrations emitting from his chest as she stood closer, an amused expression in his features.

    Nora let out a sigh, closing her eyes for a few seconds as she tried to calm herself "it's not funny, you scared me" she turned and pushed him lightly "what are you doing here? Cory is going to be here any moment—"

    "Can't we just enjoy this moment?" He sighed tiredly, he tried to touch her face but she moved slightly, causing him to retrieve his hand "fine" he whispered and sat down in the bed, just as he was about to go, she took his wrist, stopping him.

"Wait" she whispered, feeling guilty for turning him down "I'm sorry, you can stay a little longer"

"For what?" he raised his eyebrow "Corvina is going to be here any moment"