twelve

CHAPTER TWELVE
❝ head full of ghosts ❞

☆ CHAPTER TWELVE ☆❝ head full of ghosts ❞

☆ ☾ ☆

    Something changed. There was something different, lingering around them like a shadow. Maybe it was just her, but she knew that there had been change. If she could feel it, could the other too? Would they be able to wake up now, like her?

Nora stared at the ceiling, a blank expression in her face. Inside her, the sudden feeling of anger, desperation, rage, and sadness, all combined as one. She was going to explode and burst into flames, and one thing was for certain: she was not the only one going down.

    In her arms, Flora moved to the other side and continued sleeping. Her eyes looked down at her two younger siblings, who were asleep in each side of her. Last night, when she was having a terrible dream, they entered her room and calmed her down. She didn't like people seeing her cry, but she didn't care this time. Flora and Miles both stayed with her and the three Wingrave siblings slept in her bed, like they always used to do.

    Nora was apprehensive at first, seeing that her nightmares had begun to worsen. Sometimes, she didn't know if she was dreaming or if everything was real. Was there really a difference, between dreams and reality? Or was it just a fine line of what we perceived?

    The rest of the night, she didn't sleep, fearing that she might be drowned in the seas of her mind. It was suffocating, being trapped in your own head.

The house was asleep, just like its residents. However, Nora could still hear the creaks ikr he wooden floor, the closing of the doors, the sound of ghostly footsteps. Bly Manor was never truly sleep, for it had been cursed to be awake for eternity.

Lenora closed her eyes, tired. Time passed, and so did her. She didn't notice when he siblings left, or when Cory entered to check up on her. She didn't hear Embry sighing at seeing her state, or when the house went on without her. But it was taking course—life took course, as it always does. Even if we're not following, it always continues and is never ending, even if we're not there to witness it.

There was a weight added in her bed, she felt it. The slight change woke her up, mostly because she knew who caused her. She didn't move though, there wasn't anything she could do. Oh, was she drowning again?

    "Wake up, love" the whisper reaches her ears, making her even more tired. She wished they just got over it already.

    "Fuck off" she whispered, moving to her side, still with her eyelids closed. The bags under her eyes were more prominent at the light under the moonlight. Was she alive, anymore than the moon was?