three

CHAPTER THREE
❝ the state of dreaming ❞

☆ CHAPTER THREE ☆❝ the state of dreaming ❞

☆ ☾ ☆

    A caress against her cheek woke her up, but she didn't open her eyes. Lenora was too tired and comfortable in her position to even move a muscle. The room was cold, a heavy and disquieting aura following close behind as the weight of the moonlight carelessly peaked through the thick curtains. A finger brushed softly against her delicate skin; for a moment she forgot everything, even the fact that she didn't share a room with anybody.

"Wake up, Nora"

A soft whisper reached her ears, so low and sweet, she thought it was her imagination. Instead of opening her eyes, she remained there, allowing the feeling of companionship to fill her up. Not even the sensation of something burning in her ankle bothered her.

"Nora"

The voice sang in her ear, causing a soft chuckle to escape her mouth. It wasn't a secret that she was awake now, but the task was to make her open her eyes. The voice whispered her name once again. It sounded like melted honey: sweet, addicted, too sticky.

"Wake up, my love"

Lenora slowly opened her hazel eyes and was immediately greeted by another pair of blue ones. A smile formed in her face as she looked at him, the feeling in the depths of her stomach becoming more shallow by the second.

He placed his hand on her cheek as the two continue to stare at each other, not a word being spoken, they didn't need to. When she tried to stand up, however, he gently punched her head back. She didn't say anything about it, why would she? He was just wanted to stay back for a little.

"Why did you wake me up?" she asked first, now aware that her whole body was covered in a heavy blanket.

    "I thought you wanted some company" he shrugged, his comment causing her to chuckle lightly.

    "Well, the company is greatly appreciated" she smiled. Sighing, she tried to look around the room, but again, he pushed her head lightly and she was once again forced to look at him. All she could see was him.

"Tell me about your day" he whispered, caressing her cheek with the soft point of his thumb "about anything"

Nora pursed her lips and thought about it "well, the new au pair is here, her name is Dani"

"Do you like her?" he asked, analyzing her face. No matter how many times they looked at each other, there was always something new to find.