two

CHAPTER TWO
❝ games we shouldn't play ❞

☆ CHAPTER TWO ☆❝ games we shouldn't play ❞

☆ ☾ ☆

    The next morning, Nora woke up like nothing had happened.

It wasn't something unusual. Sometimes, one of them took her body and went out in the dark to play. The next morning, her body would be intact besides a few bruises and cuts, the worst she had was when one of them didn't return her body and she woke up at dawn in the woods. She didn't go into the woods; too many memories, too many feelings.

    Following her routine, she woke up with a slight headache but got dressed, brushed her hair and carefully placed it in a high ponytail. She looked at herself in the mirror while she tied the blue ribbon in her hair, trying to make it perfectly straight.

Out of the corner of her eye, she saw something moving, so instantly she looked over, but there was nothing there. She blinked a couple of times, probably just her imagination. Her eyes returned to her reflection, but instead of showing herself with her arms up behind her hair fixing it, they were at her sides. Her reflection tilted her head, examining her with a vile look.

Lenora lowered her arms and slowly approached the mirror, looking confused. Her hand extended towards the reflection, and the thing imitated her. Her skin began to look gray, slowly being drained from life as thin black veins began to grow into skin, decaying.

    Before her fingers could touch the material, her reflection giggled and with a smirk on their face, it moved forward, intimidating her, it caused her to jump back and make her eyes widened.

A knock on her door caused her to change her attention elsewhere and when her eyes went to look in the mirror, she only found herself. She let out a shaky breath and passed her hand over her sweater in an attempt to calm herself. She was okay, it was just her imagination.

    Nora went to open the door, where Corvina stood with her eyebrows raised and crossed arms. She furrowed her eyebrows, not understanding her demeanor.

    "Good morning, sunshine" Corvina greeted, but had a serious look on her face "sleep good?"

    "I did" Nora tilted her head "is everything alright?"

    "You're an hour late, honey" Corvina informed her "you're almost never late, is everything okay?"

    Late? She had just woken up and got ready as fast as she could. She turned to the clock handing in the wall of her room and saw that indeed, an hour had passe since she was standing in the mirror. She furrowed her eyebrows, her notion of time was wrong again.